Rubicon suspension question

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
I was under the impression the Rubicon was a 1" taller than other models other than a Mojave
I don't think that's true at all. Rubicon's are 'taller' because their fenders are higher. But I've never measured so I don't know for sure.

I just picked up a Rubicon suspension yesterday, I'm only planning to install the shocks at first since it seems like it's a 20 minute job and the ride may be a little more comfy with Sport springs. I haven't been able to find anything about Gladiator spring rates unfortunately...
Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
How much lift you get out of the front Rubicon springs will also depend on how the Rubicon was equipped. For instance, my take off Rubicon suspension came from a LE so it had an automatic, hard top and steel bumper. That's a heavier spring rate than a soft top, plastic bumper, manual would be. That's probably why people are getting .75-1.25" of lift.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Off topic but how how much would stock suspension be worth to sell on base model? 4 springs and 4 shocks. Would anyone even want them ? LoL
You can get Rubicon suspension with Fox shocks for $200-$300... Unless someone was in a wreck or something, I don’t think it would be worth anything... I could be wrong though.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
How much lift you get out of the front Rubicon springs will also depend on how the Rubicon was equipped. For instance, my take off Rubicon suspension came from a LE so it had an automatic, hard top and steel bumper. That's a heavier spring rate than a soft top, plastic bumper, manual would be. That's probably why people are getting .75-1.25" of lift.
The one I bought came off one that had steel stock bumpers front and rear and was automatic. I'm hoping it will give me at least a 3/4" up front.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think that's true at all. Rubicon's are 'taller' because their fenders are higher. But I've never measured so I don't know for sure.

I just picked up a Rubicon suspension yesterday, I'm only planning to install the shocks at first since it seems like it's a 20 minute job and the ride may be a little more comfy with Sport springs. I haven't been able to find anything about Gladiator spring rates unfortunately...
Just going by @Glad_Sconnie post above he said he got 3/4" on his Max tow with the front Rubi springs. I can tell for sure the springs have different product codes on them and the front Rubi Front springs look a little thicker than the Max Tows. It was hard to tell this morning because it was still dark but thate how they seemed to me when I was comparing them.

Sponsored

Deleted member 30519

You can get Rubicon suspension with Fox shocks for $200-$300... Unless someone was in a wreck or something, I don’t think it would be worth anything... I could be wrong though.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I just sold my stock steel wheels with AT duelers to a guy on classifieds for $675. I couldn't believe my eyes when he showed me his same tires on his gladiator with 20k miles. They were almost completely bald.

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
I highly doubt Jeep is making spring rates customized to option sets on different models. Different trims sure (rubicon, mojave, sport, etc...) or engine options but having a spring set for every option combination would be a nightmare at the factory and everywhere else

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I highly doubt Jeep is making spring rates customized to option sets on different models. Different trims sure (rubicon, mojave, sport, etc...) or engine options but having a spring set for every option combination would be a nightmare at the factory and everywhere else
If you look at the list of available springs for the Gladiator, there are far more of them than there are trims. It’s cheaper to do this then have different part numbers for arms and and track bars if the weights fluctuate enough

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
If you look at the list of available springs for the Gladiator, there are far more of them than there are trims. It’s cheaper to do this then have different part numbers for arms and and track bars if the weights fluctuate enough
I would be interested to see what the codes on them actually mean. Having that many part numbers is ridiculous

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
They always have. It pre-dates the Gladiator/JL by a long time. Longer than I've ever followed Jeeps and this is my 4th.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
For any one wondering about if it will lift a Max Tow or any JT for that matter, I got 3/4" lift up front with mine. Got to within a 1/4" of being level with the back and that's where I want it. The ride improvement over the stock shocks compared to the Rubicon Fox shocks is night and day. What a difference those shocks make. If you can find a set for under $300 or less it's worth it for the shocks alone. I super happy with the results
Thanks for all the help guys!!!:like:

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
For any one wondering about if it will lift a Max Tow or any JT for that matter, I got 3/4" lift up front with mine. Got to within a 1/4" of being level with the back and that's where I want it. The ride improvement over the stock shocks compared to the Rubicon Fox shocks is night and day. What a difference those shocks make. If you can find a set for under $300 or lessth it forr the shocks alone. I super happy with the results
Thanks for all the help guys!!!:like:
So I just have Rubi take off tires at this time but have a set of rubicon take off shocks and springs. Wasn't planning on using the springs as I want to keep the Max Tow rear springs but if I would put on the Rubicon Take off front springs will it mess up things much that I would need to do something else to keep the truck shall we say normal

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
So I just have Rubi take off tires at this time but have a set of rubicon take off shocks and springs. Wasn't planning on using the springs as I want to keep the Max Tow rear springs but if I would put on the Rubicon Take off front springs will it mess up things much that I would need to do something else to keep the truck shall we say normal
I only added the fronts, still got my Max Tow rears and no you wouldn't mess anything up. Everything else I have other than the 2.5" ReadyLift SST lift kit is stock. Still have the stock Trackbar and control arms. At this point there are only two things I may add, adjustable front track bar and a Fox Steering Stabilizer. Based on how it's riding and driving I don't need either but I just personally want to match the Stabilizer to the shocks and recenter the axle. But it drives and rides awesome as it sits. You should do it.

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
They always have. It pre-dates the Gladiator/JL by a long time. Longer than I've ever followed Jeeps and this is my 4th.
THIS!! You are 100% correct! The part numbers go on and on. Jeep uses options including transmission selection to decide what spring rate they assign. Hardtop/ soft top, bumpers, tow packages, etc. etc. etc...

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
THIS!! You are 100% correct! The part numbers go on and on. Jeep gives uses options including transmission selection to decide what spring rate they assign. Hardtop/ soft top, bumpers, tow packages, etc. etc. etc...
Yeah, but they're not fond of giving us ENGINE options... :mad:
Sponsored