Sponsored

Rubicon Trail

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
I’m new to this “Jeep” culture:)
I’ve had F150’s for the past 25yrs and play with old German sports cars and the restoration of them. I’m smitten by the Gladiator for what it is and what needs it will serve me at this point in my life.
So here’s the thing, for the experienced out there (not that I’m doing this ...yet) would the Gladiator actually be able to participate in the Rubicon trail? I was just reading the Jeep Jamboree rules. All them make sense regarding safety. It looks amazing.
It’s the length of the Gladiator I wonder if it would ever be allowed in.
Let’s hear your thoughts!
Cheers
Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
It’s my understanding to get the “rubicon” badging it has to be able to complete the rubicon trail.

Bravo Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Tacoma
It can make it, but driver experience is a factor. Even then it doesn’t mean you’ll make it with out body damage or breaking something. A lift, bigger tires, winch and patience will help maximize your chances. I’d love to try it someday but it won’t be with my daily driver. The Gladiator will be my daily driver for a long time, guess that will help with the patience.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
636408E9-C69C-4DF2-93BD-3DF468F3665A.jpeg
The Rubicon is iconic. It’s 22 miles and you can walk it faster than driving it. The gate keeper on the Loon Lake entrance weeds out posers and mall crawlers pretty quickly. That being said, can the Gladiator drive the trail? Yes it can, but those willing to dent, scratch, or drag their brand new $40, $50, eeek —> $60k rig across those rocks, I salute you!

This pict was taken on the Tahoe side of the trail. Those boulders are what you drive up, over, down and around for 22 miles. It’s beautiful, challenging, butt clenching and tedious. Would I take a new Gladiator there? Nope but that’s just me. I’ve been there, done that, and being honest, Moab kicks the Rubicon Trail’s butt when it comes to being near off-road nirvana.

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
I’m new to this “Jeep” culture:)
I’ve had F150’s for the past 25yrs and play with old German sports cars and the restoration of them. I’m smitten by the Gladiator for what it is and what needs it will serve me at this point in my life.
So here’s the thing, for the experienced out there (not that I’m doing this ...yet) would the Gladiator actually be able to participate in the Rubicon trail? I was just reading the Jeep Jamboree rules. All them make sense regarding safety. It looks amazing.
It’s the length of the Gladiator I wonder if it would ever be allowed in.
Let’s hear your thoughts!
Cheers

OP
OP
Moab

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
Thanks for all the responses. Rest assured,
I will not be taking a daily driver new Gladiator Heheheh. Would love to try it.
Most likely on one of the Jeep tours that are out there. Hells Revenge also on my bucket list :) Great videos thanks for them.
Didn’t realize that Jeep bestows the name
Rubicon because it did the Rubicon.
Their proving ground. I’m learning here!
Cheers
Sponsored