First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Swimming Pools / Hot Tubs
I bought a Evo 4.5" lift and working on deciding on which tires to go with. With 40's obviously I need to find somewhere else to put the spare but I am considering going with a 37" spare so I can keep it in the stock location. I have not found a rear tire carrier that I love and for the amount of draw backs a rear tire carrier, bed mount etc can pose vs the times I will acually need and use a spare this seems like an ok option. A I missing something that could be a big problem?
Thanks
Neil
Sponsored

STL Gladiator

First Name
Horace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow - traded, 2021 JT Rubicon
I bought a Evo 4.5" lift and working on deciding on which tires to go with. With 40's obviously I need to find somewhere else to put the spare but I am considering going with a 37" spare so I can keep it in the stock location. I have not found a rear tire carrier that I love and for the amount of draw backs a rear tire carrier, bed mount etc can pose vs the times I will acually need and use a spare this seems like an ok option. A I missing something that could be a big problem?
Thanks
Neil
Is a 37" even going to fit under the bed? Can't be thinking about the stock steel rim either...not enough back spacing right.

cannonFodder

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
37" is the max tire that will fit under the bed in the factory location, yes.

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
Not all 37's will fit.

Pretty sure if you use the search you can find all the info and lists created, but if I remember... it has to be 36 1/2" or LESS fo fit. Almost all tires are truly smaller than actually listed. Some 35's are really 34's... and some 37's are really 36's.... and those 40's, wont be 40".

By the way.... I see this is your first post, you might want to use that search at the top for info about running 40's. Many have stated that you will need EXPENSIVE axel and gear upgrades if you even think about wanting to take it off road. After a little while on here you will see most are running 35's or 37's because to jump to 40's gets extremely expensive quick if you don't want to start breaking stuff on your first trail.

dogbreath650

First Name
Bobo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ Rubicon
If you put the spare on on axle that isn't locked you'll be fine. Not sure on a limited slip rear axle but to be safe you could always put the spare on the front.
Sponsored