First Name
Pam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Fire Safety Officer
Picked up my new 2020 Jeep Gladiator which had 23kms on it and underneath there is obvious rust on the rails. The Dealership tried to tell me all Jeeps have it so my Husband crawled underneath two Wranglers and they were clean. I made them keep my Jeep overnight and they said they would fix it but got it back yesterday and it's the same. Scammers man. lol. Anyone run into this before? I'm new here. Hi. :)
Sponsored

WilliamVG

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Machinist
Can you take a picture? show us how bad it is. Rust is very common and all we can do is prevention or try to mitigate it. Personaly I wouldn't get a dealership to fix any rust. After all, when I Jeep enters a shop, its just another job for them.

LouisvEarlleJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Willys Earl
I mean, it’s a 2020 (so 3 years old at the newest, possibly 4 if it was built in late ‘19), and has 14,000 miles. If you’re anywhere up north (Canada since you mentioned kms?) then a couple winters of the previous owner not spraying the undercarriage would be enough for rust to start.

Just depends on how bad it is. Frame rails rust, but you can clean them up and touch up the paint to keep rust at bay.