Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I recently installed the S&B cold air intake kit along with the Rubicon only hood scoops on my Gladiator. I made a quick video about it if you don't mind taking a few minutes to give it a view.

Sponsored

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I recently installed the S&B cold air intake kit along with the Rubicon only hood scoops on my Gladiator. I made a quick video about it if you don't mind taking a few minutes to give it a view.

I have the same setup on my rig too.
I also noticed during the last cold spell here in N. Texas which frosted everything over that the left-hand vent thawed out while the engine was warming up and the right-hand intake remained frosted over throughout the day of driving - cool-enough to see that the system somewhat works as designed.
Jeep Gladiator S&B Cold Air Intake with Hood Scoops installed - video 20210112_090250

20201224.jpg

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link

Nice try! Obviously a fake video because the airbox switches sides! You thought no one would notice!
Im joking! That is a super clean install man. I want to do something like that for my Mojave. Awesome job!

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Nice try! Obviously a fake video because the airbox switches sides! You thought no one would notice!
Im joking! That is a super clean install man. I want to do something like that for my Mojave. Awesome job!
Mine's on the opposite side from OPs because I have the N Texas version and he has the S Texas version. ;)

Sponsored

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Nicely done video and I like the way it sounds.
I am not the most mechanically gifted person around so let me ask if you have experienced any performance benefits to this kits addition or is it mainly the sound??

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I am not the most mechanically gifted person around so let me ask if you have experienced any performance benefits to this kits addition or is it mainly the sound??

Good question -

OP can provide his response/take on it.

Here's mine:

It is a cold air intake (CAI) design.
It sounds different - good/better/great
Any "sensed" performance improvements from a CAI will only last as long as it takes the computer to adjust to the new air metrics. The stock ECU can work sufficiently with this system.
If you want to add a performance change, then you need a tune - or even with a supercharger which also requires a tune.

I plan to add a supercharger to work with this CAI.
I like this one as I have tried other CAI + Snorkel combos on my other supercharged 2014 JKURX but eventually removed the snorkels as they actually RESTRICTED airflow which caused the supercharger to be less efficient.

Air seeks the path of least resistance - this system has 2 sources - both the hood and an intake at the filter in order to provide as much available air as possible.

The goal is cooler air into the engine.

...and IMO it sounds pretty kewl when you stomp on it. :)

OP
OP
Ted Striker

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

It's mainly the sound. I can't confirm/deny any performance benefits since I don't have any hard data to back it up. I do keep track of my miles per gallon and have done so since I bought the truck 2 years ago and I have not noticed any drop or raise in MPG.
Sponsored