Sponsored

Safe to drill on the rear wall of center console?

Shane P.

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger
Does anyone know if it is safe to drill on the rear wall of the center console? I've tried to use VHB but the item I want to mount doesn't have sufficient surface area, and it falls off. I would like to use some very short #10 plastic screws, but am nervous about hitting something.
Sponsored

amoyer_01

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
Remove it first. It is really simple to take the rear panel off by taking out the 2 screws under the armrest that holds it on. Take the armrest off and then the rear panel pulls off. There is a decent amount of space back there but best to be sure. I added 4 USBs and 2 12V plugs to the back of mine under the window switches and they have plenty of space to fit behind the panel.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
I put a couple screws in the passenger side wall of my wife's JLU, I can't imagine there being anything different on the JT. She had one of those storage bins that kept falling off, so I applied some new double sided tape at the bottom and screwed the top in with two black generic interior screws probably no more than half inch long. Didn't hit anything, been like that for about 6 months now with no issues.
Sponsored