Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
There's a gladiator I want that is out of state. If I buy the truck from the out-of-state dealer, I have an offer of $1000 less than from an in-state dealer willing to do a trade for the same truck. I've also asked for $1000 less from the in-state dealer who won't do it. Should I ask for accessories to offset the cost, or pay the $1000 and get the extra 10/100000 mile powertrain warranty?
Sponsored

Last edited:

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
If you're buying a stripped version, then the powertrain is what you mostly have to worry about. If you're buying a loaded model, you really need a more thorough extended warranty. Another factor is how long you think you will keep it. I don't know how $1k compares to the cost of a powertrain-only extended warranty. I'll be buying the bumper to bumper OEM warranty at around double that.

CCCVagabond

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JTR
So I am curious about this warranty as well... I think that suspension is part of that, so I think you have to use Mopar parts, otherwise the warranty could be void.

Is my understanding correct here? Trans, engine, suspension? diffs?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
The Chrysler Max Care is basically an OEM warranty extension, so it covers everything the original warranty covers except wear items. Meaning batteries and brakes, clutch, bulbs. Pretty much everything else is covered. Powertrain does *NOT* cover suspension, nor external parts like the alternator, even though you can't drive without one. It doesn't include the radiator, and many other things you need.

If you do mods, the mods themselves are not covered unless they are Mopar. If they are, such as the Mopar lift and shocks, they are included. Mods don't void warranties unless they directly cause the problem. If you put 40" tires on it with 20" wheels, then break an axle, they can and should deny coverage. If the radio breaks, that's unrelated and is covered.
Sponsored