James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w Max Tow
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Saw this build in South Padre this weekend and not my style but impressive build. It was at night in the parking lot of my hotel so couldn’t talk to the guy. They were 28” wheels on 42x14.50s. Makes me wonder how much lift but more importantly what kind of gear and even engine mods to support this.

9C8BA9D3-EF2A-4AEB-B9E7-2D1A680FCFFD.jpeg

C95D19E3-C5D2-4E6A-999D-32B549F072AD.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
JkJT84

JkJT84

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
42x15.50*

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
As someone who has ran mud tires and 20" wheels on many trucks for over 15 years, I have to say...That looks retarded. People talk about my JTR on 20's and 37's as "not Jeepy enough", but If you break it down, a stock 33" on a 17" wheels has less sidewall meat than a 37" tire on a 20" wheel. :like:

That being said, his truck looks like it's trying to be a hotwheels car with the ghetto clown size wheels. Nothing wrong with 42's on a JT, but the 28" wheels are just....Well...Pavement queen/SEMA-worthy level of impracticality and for looks only.

Sorry...Not sorry.

OP
OP
JkJT84

JkJT84

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I agree, as I guy with 37’s on 17” wheels it’s definitely not my style, see my post on snap. I was trying to be polite since I was posting about someone else’s vehicle on here but yes it’s a pavement queen for sure

8ECE4A18-E70F-44C4-A8AD-3EE12C5B8ED9.jpeg

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I'm not so bothered by the wheel to tire ratio, his problems not mine but I pretty much hate nearly every modern wheel. Old school Rallye wheels, cragars, the later stock rubicon JK wheel these all look good. Old BBS basket weaves, pontiac snow flakes, Companiollo coffin spokes, hildebrand kidney beans; all good looks.

Brodozer way too many spoke turbine style... mind as well cut the shit and put daytons on it. That I would respect.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wait a minute... Hold up... I just noticed something... Are those 8-lug wheels??? Does he have D60's on that thing? Geeze, what waste of a truck with those wheels!!! That has to be a SEMA build, or he has more money than brains...Or is grossly overcompensating for something...

OP
OP
JkJT84

JkJT84

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I do believe they are 8 lugs and apologies for the picture quality, it was late and it was South Padre so obviously I’d had a beer or two . When we left the next day at 9 it was already gone.

OP
OP
JkJT84

JkJT84

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Lmao, and yeah my wife’s a Physician Assistant and I’m a cop so we been busting our behinds the last few months while everyone else chilled and probably were exposed months ago anyway. The wife wanted a vacation so the wife gets a vacation.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Lmao, and yeah my wife’s a Physician Assistant and I’m a cop so we been busting our behinds the last few months while everyone else chilled and probably were exposed months ago anyway. The wife wanted a vacation so the wife gets a vacation.
I’ve been on-site working through this whole thing as well... Having to deal with contractors, truck drivers, and random construction workers. No hazard pay, no raise (that I was due for back in April), no nothing...Not even a thank you for keeping our projects going so we don’t lose money by allowing us to keep deadlines... One of many reasons why I hate big corporations...Were all just tagged cattle to them.

Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Horrid....and likely even worse to drive. But o each their own...

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
I run a hospital so I have been working throughout as well.....sure was hoping Memorial Weekend was going to be rain free but not going to be the case in my neck of the woods.....

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I run a hospital so I have been working throughout as well.....sure was hoping Memorial Weekend was going to be rain free but not going to be the case in my neck of the woods.....
I would think you'd want it to be rained out and keep the idiots away from each other.

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
I would think you'd want it to be rained out and keep the idiots away from each other.
Well that has it’s merit....however I was being a bit selfish and was truly hoping to hangout in my pool all weekend and recharge my batteries....

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Well that has it’s merit....however I was being a bit selfish and was truly hoping to hangout in my pool all weekend and recharge my batteries....
After seeing the amount of people in the rivers and at the beach lately I'm personally fine with a rain-out this weekend.
Sponsored