Saw this today...kinda like it!

HMCOBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT , 16 BU, 09 Power Wagon, 95 H1, 91 YJ, 90 XJ
I was about to post it looks like a modern day take on the 60's Meyers Manx dune buggies. I wonder if it's just looks or was anything done to it to make it actually capable of light off-road duties?

EDIT: I see coilover shocks, wheel arches cut for clearance, much bigger wheels & tires, bigger radiator, big spot lights, big spare with some kind of mounting frame...or maybe that's part of a rear crash bar similar to the front. Since early Mini's can be had isn the $3000-5000 range it might not be a bad idea as a toy if they're somewhat capable.

2nd EDIT: Wait...is that a differential in the back? Made into a rear wheel drive or on some other/or tubular frame? Wow

Yikers! Everyone ok after something like that?
Son and his stepson OK except for some bruises. Woman that drove over them was in country past her visa and complained it wasn't her fault (of course) Worst of all the Countryman was ultimately replaced with a Hyunday
Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Looks like a solid rear axle and maybe it’s a body on frame. The radiator is probably form whatever the original off road vehicle is.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
In Decatur, AL. I see a Mazda Miata that's been modified similarly. I got to respect someone being motivated to do what they want and not just following the "rules" or crowd. Heck he is probably still getting over 25 MPG's :crying: at least the ass end isn't sagging :like:

If I still had a shop, time and money I wouldn't mind doing a project or 2 of different vehicles.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
How is that related? The Toureg is an SUV and was very capable with the right options.
Believe me. He's a ricer. LOL His son is working on a Subi and a Honda.

Sponsored