Sponsored

Scratches on the non-painted fenders - how do you remove em?

Rei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Hi

I know my Jeep's fenders will eventually get scratched on the trails. I still haven't hit one yet, but I already have some scratches on the black fenders.

Does anyone have any recommendations on taking them out?

Hopping around the JK & JL forums, some folks were recommending - Mother's Back to Black. Has anyone used that before on their JTs?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Hi

I know my Jeep's fenders will eventually get scratched on the trails. I still haven't hit one yet, but I already have some scratches on the black fenders.

Does anyone have any recommendations on taking them out?

Hopping around the JK & JL forums, some folks were recommending - Mother's Back to Black. Has anyone used that before on their JTs?

Thanks in advance
Mothers is what I use on mine. Works awesome. Make sure you clean them up good and then apply liberally, you can't really go wrong. Love the stuff

Reactions: Rei
OP
OP

Rei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Mothers is what I use on mine. Works awesome. Make sure you clean them up good and then apply liberally, you can't really go wrong. Love the stuff
Thank you, @Jeeperjamie . I'll give it a shot. I like how it also protects.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
If it's a small plastic scrape, you may be able to use a heat gun to minimize the appearance of it. Be careful not to let it get too close or linger too long though, as it could burn. I have done this successfully in the past.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
If it's a small plastic scrape, you may be able to use a heat gun to minimize the appearance of it. Be careful not to let it get too close or linger too long though, as it could burn. I have done this successfully in the past.
This also. Like @Renegade said be careful not to get to close or hold it there for to long.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I'll give a shot - I've always wanted a cordless heat gun, lol.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Use a razor to cut off the ridges that a deep scratch makes, then a heat gun or small 'crack torch' to bring back some texture. Then treat it! Anytime you use heat to blend a scratch on plastic it takes some of the oils out and you run the risk of it looking dull; maybe not right away but it will. So you have to make sure to keep nourishing the plastic after that, if you don't then you will forever have a gray dull area. That forever dull spot is always a possibility even on treated plastic so be warned.
Sponsored