Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
I’d buy a PCOR over this.
https://pcor4x4.com/jeep-gladiator-2/

Obviously they’re not really compatible in terms of price and features, but the PCOR provides more clearance (than stock) and adds some functionality without totally killing the utility of the bed.

But ideally, I’d really like to see a more conservative chop thats more like the Brute. A 5 foot bed that tapers up at the tailgate, even if it meant a smaller tailgate, just to improve the departure a little. It doesn’t have to be as radical as the Motobilt. If someone could do this, they’d probably sell a lot more of them.

Something like what Exodus 4x4 did.

Sponsored

kcdee00

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 XJ
Mines done! I’m going to go ahead and do the Motobilt front fenders and liners… paint on the outside and Raptor line inside and bottom. Probably should have went over the bed rails with it… can always fix later!
makes the 40s look small! May drop it down some as well… right now it’s 4” Rusty’s Advanced lift for diesel.
I’ve had some folks help me that I’d like to thank… Jason Cooper from RockYour4x4 in Knoxville is the man… also good friend John Byrd for helping me get the bed off it!
Jeep Gladiator Shorter bed now available BCDDD0D1-DE54-4F03-9563-CCB283B43FBC

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Haul Truck Driver
Mines done! I’m going to go ahead and do the Motobilt front fenders and liners… paint on the outside and Raptor line inside and bottom. Probably should have went over the bed rails with it… can always fix later!
makes the 40s look small! May drop it down some as well… right now it’s 4” Rusty’s Advanced lift for diesel.
I’ve had some folks help me that I’d like to thank… Jason Cooper from RockYour4x4 in Knoxville is the man… also good friend John Byrd for helping me get the bed off it!
Jeep Gladiator Shorter bed now available BCDDD0D1-DE54-4F03-9563-CCB283B43FBC
That looks great.

Last edited:

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I’d buy a PCOR over this.
https://pcor4x4.com/jeep-gladiator-2/

Obviously they’re not really compatible in terms of price and features, but the PCOR provides more clearance (than stock) and adds some functionality without totally killing the utility of the bed.

But ideally, I’d really like to see a more conservative chop thats more like the Brute. A 5 foot bed that tapers up at the tailgate, even if it meant a smaller tailgate, just to improve the departure a little. It doesn’t have to be as radical as the Motobilt. If someone could do this, they’d probably sell a lot more of them.

Something like what Exodus 4x4 did.

PCOR is a whole 'nother level of $$$ though. Last I checked you were looking at like $12-13k by the time you got it ordered, shipped, and installed. Any flatbed should ride above the fender line and significantly improve departure but you aren't going to find any at Motobilt's price point unless you DIY.

Sponsored

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
PCOR is a whole 'nother level of $$$ though. Last I checked you were looking at like $12-13k by the time you got it ordered, shipped, and installed. Any flatbed should ride above the fender line and significantly improve departure but you aren't going to find any at Motobilt's price point unless you DIY.
No doubt about that. I was looking at a PCOR but if I do that I’d also want to go ahead and upgrade to Dynatrac 60/80s and 40s or 42s. I’d have a $150k in my Jeep! You can buy a Porsche GT4RS for that which will actually appreciate in value. If you want to build a Gladiator crawler this short bed option is probably the most sensible way. Hats off to those willing to go down this path!

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Haul Truck Driver
Really diggin the Motobilt bed! A lot more room for big tires!

Jeep Gladiator Shorter bed now available 7F8CBB15-26ED-4C3A-900F-4AFFE1A5E4D0
Looking great, definitely need the front fenders now. I just traded my 2020 JTR for a 2022 JTRD so I’m starting over again. I love that bed but I’m not sure how practical it is for an overland type build. Maybe one of these days?

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Just got back from Moab, saw (didn't get pics) a Gecko JTR that had a the MotoBilt bed on it... Looked great sitting in front of Moab Brewing Co.
Sponsored