First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR, 17 AR4C, 19 CT6-V
Occupation
engineer
Thatā€™s what they do. Swing and a miss.
I hate how they ruined the Blazer and Trailblazer name with these small crossovers.
I'm with you about GM screwing up naming - and the missed opportunity with the Blazer is frustrating as heck. I wonder if anyone at GM in charge is looking at the Bronco and feeling any remorse?

That being said, seem only a few of us care about bringing back names on new, capable vehicles - GM sells all the Blazers it can produce these days. All about the shareholder return these days. :|

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
why post chevy on a Jeep forum? lol
Not another one........................
Did you not see the area it's posted in?

Almost all forums, including one I am the administrator of, has an off-topic area for jokes and a place to discuss other vehicles - and a place to discuss non-OEM engine swaps and such.
Ya must be fun at parties - only want to talk about the food, drink and host, all other topics off limits.

Of course we know the Ford people in the Bronco forums would never ever even DREAM of talking about Jeeps! Oh, the shame! I bet they get banned if they mention JEEP.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
A bit OT but has anyone been following the Dakar rally? Audi has a vehicle entered that is a hybrid. That is : electric powered drivetrain but with a small engine constantly running to provide electricity to the batteries ala Chevy Bolt or what trains do. Not new tech really but the first time I've seen it applied in a race environment. It looks pretty impressive; although their time currently has them out of the running for any kind of win. I believe their time is bad because they had a IFS suspension failure that cost them a lot of time. Huh, sounds like the Bronco ;)

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly I think it's the same guy and he made a second account.
Yeah, timing is suspect, post so similar, and the member info on the left - hmmmm, made up. Troll.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
A bit OT but has anyone been following the Dakar rally? Audi has a vehicle entered that is a hybrid. That is : electric powered drivetrain but with a small engine constantly running to provide electricity to the batteries ala Chevy Bolt or what trains do. Not new tech really but the first time I've seen it applied in a race environment. It looks pretty impressive; although their time currently has them out of the running for any kind of win.
Have not followed - but my take ->
Win not necessary. Try hard of course, but I'd wonder if it's more for use as "proof of concept".

EMD - formerly a GM company. diesel-electric locomotives. Technology has been around since I believe the 1920s (but with gas engines then)

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I'm in my 40s and was one of the last people I knew (at least near my age) that had a land line. Years ago my wife and I finally cut the cord and I can't imagine ever needing a land line now.

Several of my friends drive Teslas and while I haven't gone that route yet, I see the allure. Range used to be a huge factor for the earlier EVs; but at 300-400 miles, that's a tank of gas (or more). I'm about 250 miles to Las Vegas, so I could even do an EV Vegas run. Use your car, plug it in at night, wake up and you basically have a full tank of gas. Every. day. Way better performance and lower maintenance.

Of course the large cost is a huge factor; but as we all know, those costs are continuing to go down. Economies of scale.

I get the eco-weenie tilt and have always despised Priuses, but we're now past that stage and the automobile is changing...for the good. If my land line can die, so can your fear of EVs!

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Youā€™ve made your opinion known. Many of us disagree. And there is the before mentioned general automotive section for a reason. If youā€™re uninterested in this thread, feel free to hit the ignore button.
wrong!

Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Gladiator wasn't designed in a silo. They took many cues and decisions from what other brands did that were successful. Why can't you do the same and open your perspective a little?
because it's specifically a Jeep forum, obviously...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Silverado EV promises 20k towing capability + mid gate design 1641936250032

You'd better go tell the Corvette people they are all screwed up!

Jeep Gladiator Silverado EV promises 20k towing capability + mid gate design 1641936455069

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Silverado EV promises 20k towing capability + mid gate design 1641936455069

You'd better go tell the Corvette people they are all screwed up!

@JET_83 is clearly a troll. Ignore him. He doesnā€™t care that off topic discussions are sanctioned with their own dedicated section. He just wants to start sh1t. Heā€™s likely a duplicate member that was already banned from this thread.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JET_83 is clearly a troll. Ignore him. He doesnā€™t care that off topic discussions are sanctioned with their own dedicated section. He just wants to start sh1t. Heā€™s likely a duplicate member that was already banned from this thread.
lol, you're dumb and it shows, people just need to be on a forum to post to this is a Jeep forum, not anything else.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Dan u were right........

Jeep Gladiator Silverado EV promises 20k towing capability + mid gate design 1641998701835
Sponsored