Vehicle Showcase

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I'm in my 40s and was one of the last people I knew (at least near my age) that had a land line. Years ago my wife and I finally cut the cord and I can't imagine ever needing a land line now.

Several of my friends drive Teslas and while I haven't gone that route yet, I see the allure. Range used to be a huge factor for the earlier EVs; but at 300-400 miles, that's a tank of gas (or more). I'm about 250 miles to Las Vegas, so I could even do an EV Vegas run. Use your car, plug it in at night, wake up and you basically have a full tank of gas. Every. day. Way better performance and lower maintenance.

Of course the large cost is a huge factor; but as we all know, those costs are continuing to go down. Economies of scale.

I get the eco-weenie tilt and have always despised Priuses, but we're now past that stage and the automobile is changing...for the good. If my land line can die, so can your fear of EVs!
I still have my landline. Why ? When we had the big Northridge earthquake here, none of the cell phones worked for days, but, my landline worked perfectly. So, I always keep it incase of a natural disaster emergency.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I still have my landline. Why ? When we had the big Northridge earthquake here, none of the cell phones worked for days, but, my landline worked perfectly. So, I always keep it incase of a natural disaster emergency.
Neighbor still has land line so if something really nasty happens here.......... besides, we live where there's spotty cell reception. Unless you are using the same carrier we use and have phones with fantastic antenna, you won't be able to make or take calls. Sadly the only phones that work out here due to superior antenna are LG and Motorola - and LG is out of the phone business. Samsung and others normally won't work out here. So - we've got to hang on to these phones as long as possible. My son is a Samsung phone user and he had a heck of a time with reception in this neighborhood.
Contrary to popular belief - cell coverage isn't what they advertise. A whole lot of Americans can't get good cell reception and don't have reliable broadband. FCC even said as much a while back.

primetsn4

First Name
primetsn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swift
Occupation
NY
Wow, yeah that's great pricing. Our's used to be even higher than 10 cents per k/h ice box cooler. Rates dropped once the legislature allowed the public to shop around. That said, the cheapest provider I've ever been able to sign up with was for 9 cents per k/h.
Sponsored