Sponsored

Siri Issues - Gladiator Sport

LSUFAN861

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I have a Gladiator Sport, with the basic radio with UCONNECT and using an iPhone 10XS. Siri was working great for making calls and doing text messages, and all of a sudden it's no longer working. I've deleted and repaired my phone and also cleared and also restored all settings. Still not working correctly.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Gladiator Sport, with the basic radio with UCONNECT and using an iPhone 10XS. Siri was working great for making calls and doing text messages, and all of a sudden it's no longer working. I've deleted and repaired my phone and also cleared and also restored all settings. Still not working correctly.

Thank you.
Do you not have the Car Play feature? I was not able to get UConnect to work right, but the phone (plugged into the armrest usb port worked great with Car Play...and Siri).

OP
OP

LSUFAN861

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Do you not have the Car Play feature? I was not able to get UConnect to work right, but the phone (plugged into the armrest usb port worked great with Car Play...and Siri).
I don't have car play, but it gives you the option too use Siri and it was working and now isn't and I have changed anything or updated my iPhone.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have car play, but it gives you the option too use Siri and it was working and now isn't and I have changed anything or updated my iPhone.
Try a new USB cable. It seems to be really picky about the quality of the cables used. I had to get a new cable when I got the truck, and had to replace it about six months later.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I believe you have to have your phone connect via cord. The Sport u-connect totally uses the phone for it's connection to SIRI, the Jeep radio/console doesn't have SIRI on it.

Sponsored

kj57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Pretty sure all radios in JL+ Jeeps with bluetooth have siri 'eyes free' when connected via bluetooth. You should be able to use siri by holding down the voice command button on the steering wheel and waiting for two beeps. I have the 7" in a sport and it has it, pretty sure the 5" does too. Make sure siri is turned on with the phone and 'siri when locked' is on as well.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure all radios in JL+ Jeeps with bluetooth have siri 'eyes free' when connected via bluetooth. You should be able to use siri by holding down the voice command button on the steering wheel and waiting for two beeps. I have the 7" in a sport and it has it, pretty sure the 5" does too. Make sure siri is turned on with the phone and 'siri when locked' is on as well.
Only Apple phones have siri, and obviously if you are having to turn on your phone, Siri is not loaded into your radio. Everything on a sport and sport S is dependent on having a phone connected from what I've experienced because Jeep is using your phone for a the computer/device what ever you want to call it. When driving cross country and push the button my steering wheel I get Goggle, not Siri, or Alexa, because I have a Samsung android attached.

kj57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Of course apple iphones have siri, not the jeep. And the OP is using an iphone but just like your google/alexa if you have an iphone pressing the button should bring up siri. Which I assume by his post it was working previously. The feature is called 'siri eyes free' and has been around for a while.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

Thank you.
Hi,
I'm sorry to hear this. Are you connecting your phone to your vehicle via Bluetooth or a cord?

Alison
JeepCares

JT-S-Maxi-IND

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 1998 Pontiac Sunfire convertible
Occupation
Retired (Sales)
I had similar issue with my 7” radio on Sport S after a recent iOS update to my iPhone. Siri was turned off and I had to re enable Siri to get everything working again.
Sponsored