First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
The online pricing for this was ridiculous. The only things I care about are remote start from my phone and lock/unlock. The latter are barely useful, remote start is the only thing I'd truly miss. Cooling off the vehicle in summer well before exiting a store or customer site is precious. The online pricing shows you have to get the SOS/concierge and other useless bullshit as a minimum, then add remote start. So I called. A very nice lady gave me a no-pressure offer of $129 for a year of all of the app services only without the other crap (we all have a cell phone and Google, don't need a concierge or any of that). So for anyone in my position, be sure to call to get the best price. I hate phone calls, but it was worth it.

She did not try to pitch me the useless satellite radio renewal either, which was a surprise.
Sponsored

Bremen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Sting Gray, 2017 VW Golf Alltrack
Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try.

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I forgot one detail, the $129 is the renewal year with a promo, next years will be $155 I think. But I've learned that with Sirius you have to call every year to get a new special deal, so I will put it on my calendar.

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
I forgot one detail, the $129 is the renewal year with a promo, next years will be $155 I think. But I've learned that with Sirius you have to call every year to get a new special deal, so I will put it on my calendar.
You know I just had to scan your QR code 😂

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
LOL, it's a public service. Spread the word. About the bird.

Sponsored

Code 3

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTM
Just adding an update in case anyone else is searching this topic... I let my Guardian "services" expire and just like the S/XM Sat radio subscription BS, I've already gotten an email for $155 for one year of Guardian.

Plan to play the game - wait, call, whatever - just never pay their initial renewal offer price ;)

Remember: Friends don't let friends drive paying full retail for Sirius/XM

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Just adding an update in case anyone else is searching this topic... I let my Guardian "services" expire and just like the S/XM Sat radio subscription BS, I've already gotten an email for $155 for one year of Guardian.

Plan to play the game - wait, call, whatever - just never pay their initial renewal offer price ;)

Remember: Friends don't let friends drive paying full retail for Sirius/XM
What does the Guardian service provide?

Code 3

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTM
Via the occasionally reliable UConnect App, Guardian gives remote start and some "maintenance" related data. Also gives some possibly valuable SOS features (notify in event of collision or breakdown) along with "locate my vehicle" including setting geo-fenced boundaries & speed alerts (possibly useful if young driver, in for a service appointment, valet or airport parked, etc.).

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
There are multiple levels of the service. They try to pitch you on all the useless concierge and emergency stuff (everyone has a cell phone now) along with the useful features like remote start. If you call you can buy just the convenience features (start, lock/unlock, vehicle status). The everything package is $250/year, insane.

As a comparison, our Tesla has a $10/mo service to do remote climate control (which includes heating seats, Jeep does not), lock/unlock, location, *PLUS* streaming music and actual internet access in the car. Way more services for less money.

Both systems are on AT&T.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
What is the guardian system? I have remote start on my fob. Are they linked or totally separate. My Sirius is set to expire end of the month. Thinking about letting it go.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
What is the guardian system? I have remote start on my fob. Are they linked or totally separate. My Sirius is set to expire end of the month. Thinking about letting it go.
SiriusXM audio has absolutely nothing to do with the Guardian service. They are billed separately, and are two totally separate systems. In fact it seems to be run by AT&T, not Sirius.

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
The remote start they are talking about is with an app on your phone as opposed to your keyfob. So you can start your car from your office or whatever thats much further away.

It kinda sucks that its charged at all. I am pretty sure its free with Ford.

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
These services cost money, since they have to use the cell network. I've never heard of a free one.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Can anyone confirm if without the remote start option from the factory installed you can remote start from the app via Guardian? That would be interesting to know.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Pass on that! My key fob does just fine. Plus I can turn mine on from the wharehouse even from well over 200' away.
Sponsored