Sponsored

Slight pull to the right...can't figure it out.

Gizmo

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Hydro Blue Sport S MT. 99 TJ
Occupation
Retired Operating Engineer Local 825
I have to keep a little "pressure" on the steering wheel to the left to keep the JT going straight down the road. Here's what I've done, Mopar lift, 1' spacer, JKS Adjustable track bar, Synergy brace, Fox Stabilizer, BFG 37s. The truck sits perfectly centered & I've had 2 alignments done on quality Hunter machines & both print outs show the alignment is spot on. We do A LOT of lifts at my shop and never had this issue before. Any suggestions would be appreciated...I'm stumped.
Thats why I try to change or add parts one at a time or as few as possible so I know when something changed I don 't like . I know it can be a pain but in the end it makes situations like this easier to figure out . I know its not helpful now but maybe in the future
Sponsored

Last edited:

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
Jeepcares can't fix it for you. They'll suggest a different dealer.
Dealerships can't or don't align these anyway - as said a dozen or more times around these forums, ALL they can or will do is set toe and center the steering wheel. That's it.
They can't change caster without tearing the steering knuckles apart and replacing parts.
They can't change camber without doing the same (shims in the steering knuckle - tapered bushings is more like it) and dealers don't typically do that - like most don't even know it can be done.

So don't expect a dealer to fix a pull with an alignment.

To clarify - a pull means you let go of the wheel and it veers or leads strongly to one side - either it takes off to the left or takes off to the right.
If it doesn't do that it's not pulling.
If you let go and it keeps going straight - but your steering wheel isn't straight, then they need to set toe and recenter the steering wheel because it's not pulling.
Tires are a very common reason for a pull. Otherwise bent or damaged parts and so on.

Did you post the results of your alignment? The alignment sheet that shows the before alignment and after alignment numbers? That will tell us if it's a pull due to alignment or not as some of us here have actually done alignments in a shop and know how to read them and what to look for.
I posted the first in my thread: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/matts-ugly-truck.50663/#post-825654

The second one I will have to go look for. That said, its a pull to the right. Take your hand off the wheel and it wants to take a right turn.