SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
When you have a moment could you list dimensions? Doors, roof rails, and openings etc
Absolutely. Can you confirm if you are asking for the dimensions on a SmartCap EVO or the SmartTray? If you are asking about the SmartCap, please see below. If you are asking about the SmartTray, per my earlier post, we do not have the engineering done for the Gladiator yet so I can not provide that info at this time.

SmartCap EVO Gladiator Edition
Gullwing doors closed: 47" x 19" (approx because it’s not a true rectangle)
Gullwing doors opened: 43" x 14"
Adjustable Vent Windows on the sides of the Gullwing doors: 11" x 8"
Rear door closed: 52" x 18" (also approx)
Rear door opened: 49" x 17"
Rear door opened with the tailgate down: 50" x 33 1/2"
Universal Roof Rails: 45" in length and 47" apart from one another

Last edited:

SavageCoffeeTea

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for the JT diesel
Absolutely. Can you confirm if you are asking for the dimensions on a SmartCap EVO or the SmartTray? If you are asking about the SmartCap, please see below. If you are asking about the SmartTray, per my earlier post, we do not have the engineering done for the Gladiator yet so I can not provide that info at this time.

SmartCap EVO Gladiator Edition
Gullwing doors closed: 47" x 19" (approx because it’s not a true rectangle)
Gullwing doors opened: 43" x 14"
Adjustable Vent Windows on the sides of the Gullwing doors: 11" x 8"
Rear door closed: 52" x 18" (also approx)
Rear door opened: 49" x 17"
Rear door opened with the tailgate down: 50" x 33 1/2"
Universal Roof Rails: 45" in length and 47" apart from one another
Thank you!
Can’t wait to see more of these out there. Are you guys posting anything on social media besides the forum? Pictures video of other gladiators, accessories, etc?

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Thank you!
Can’t wait to see more of these out there. Are you guys posting anything on social media besides the forum? Pictures video of other gladiators, accessories, etc?
You bet. While currently during the COVID time we are somewhat limited to still photography and graphics, we are posting quite often on our social channels. You can follow us here on Instagram or here on Facebook. Also, if you have not already, I would encourage you to sign up for our email list. All new information is first communicated via our email list.

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Been wondering since Monday (11th), when I re-started following along the ROKON (Alu-Cab) Thread, what RSI's "Reaction Score" is (currently) and what, if any, Modifications RSI may be contemplating . Not just for the Gladiator, but for "our" larger trucks too . Q#1 - Do the EVO's come with SHIMS or other "quick fixes" necessary for that "perfect" Fit & Alignment ? ?
Q#2 - As I suggested in a ROKON Post (yesterday), will the FACT that the EVO's come in 5 parts, "enable" the assembler to make certain adjustments to minimize or stop Issues such as 'Steffen707' is having with his Alu-Cab fitment-issue install (same ROKON Thread) ? ?

(previously) I've offered (in private emails) some "suggestions" . . . and I (now) have another I'd like to share . A sort of Comparison with more Conventional Fiberglass Caps; slider windows with Full Mess Bug Screens, some stationary and some that slide so "dogs" and "wayward children"( :LOL: ) can poke their heads out !
I'm inclined to get the EVOc because it will allow ME to add my own style & size of Window to the sides before I have it put together & installed on my (yet purchased) RAM 1500 .
The window of choice will already have screens AND shades (similar to certain Euro-Style RV windows) . With Killer Wasps and who knows what else that can fly into the truck-bed ( :swear: ),
Screens are "Essential" for Me, as this area will become my "home away from home" while exploring the "outback" (USA style) . Any Warrantee points are "mute" non-issues to me .
There will be a few months of "Rigorous Testing" while "underway" to find & fix any "bugs" that may pop up .
WHAT SAY YE ? thanks in advance as I'm sure there are other FANs Here that are thinking along similar-lines . . . I know of one "Rock Climber" who may agree and perhaps chime in !?.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I knew I was gonna forget something and have to do another post, and yet I forgot to do IT . . . so ! The other thought IS . . . WHEN, as close as predictable, do you "Imagine" RSI Manufacturing & Bringing to USA, . . . a Product Similar (better) than the (again with the Alu-Cab comparison?) Alu-Cab Canopy-Camper ? ? Of course by now there are a number of USA made Competitors and th list is growing -- 'Go-Fast Campers' comes to mind .
Or, should I just "cut another hole," this one in the roof, to accommodate a RTT ? ps; half joking on that brain-storm !?. Hmmm . . . ;) :idea: .

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Been wondering since Monday (11th), when I re-started following along the ROKON (Alu-Cab) Thread, what RSI's "Reaction Score" is (currently) and what, if any, Modifications RSI may be contemplating . Not just for the Gladiator, but for "our" larger trucks too . Q#1 - Do the EVO's come with SHIMS or other "quick fixes" necessary for that "perfect" Fit & Alignment ? ?
Q#2 - As I suggested in a ROKON Post (yesterday), will the FACT that the EVO's come in 5 parts, "enable" the assembler to make certain adjustments to minimize or stop Issues such as 'Steffen707' is having with his Alu-Cab fitment-issue install (same ROKON Thread) ? ?

(previously) I've offered (in private emails) some "suggestions" . . . and I (now) have another I'd like to share . A sort of Comparison with more Conventional Fiberglass Caps; slider windows with Full Mess Bug Screens, some stationary and some that slide so "dogs" and "wayward children"( :LOL: ) can poke their heads out !
I'm inclined to get the EVOc because it will allow ME to add my own style & size of Window to the sides before I have it put together & installed on my (yet purchased) RAM 1500 .
The window of choice will already have screens AND shades (similar to certain Euro-Style RV windows) . With Killer Wasps and who knows what else that can fly into the truck-bed ( :swear: ),
Screens are "Essential" for Me, as this area will become my "home away from home" while exploring the "outback" (USA style) . Any Warrantee points are "mute" non-issues to me .
There will be a few months of "Rigorous Testing" while "underway" to find & fix any "bugs" that may pop up .
WHAT SAY YE ? thanks in advance as I'm sure there are other FANs Here that are thinking along similar-lines . . . I know of one "Rock Climber" who may agree and perhaps chime in !?.
Please see below.

Been wondering since Monday (11th), when I re-started following along the ROKON (Alu-Cab) Thread, what RSI's "Reaction Score" is (currently) and what, if any, Modifications RSI may be contemplating.
We have a detailed process that our team follows to deliver the results we are looking for. Once we test fit and validate a prototype there are normally no modifications required.

Q#1 - Do the EVO's come with SHIMS or other "quick fixes" necessary for that "perfect" Fit & Alignment ? ?
We would encourage you to check out our installation instructions or our assembly and installation video.

The 5-piece modular design has been engineered with incredibly tight tolerances that leave no room for "adjustments" in the assembly process. This ensures that the cap is assembled to our specifications--meaning your cap will be watertight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
I knew I was gonna forget something and have to do another post, and yet I forgot to do IT . . . so ! The other thought IS . . . WHEN, as close as predictable, do you "Imagine" RSI Manufacturing & Bringing to USA, . . . a Product Similar (better) than the (again with the Alu-Cab comparison?) Alu-Cab Canopy-Camper ? ? Of course by now there are a number of USA made Competitors and th list is growing -- 'Go-Fast Campers' comes to mind .
Or, should I just "cut another hole," this one in the roof, to accommodate a RTT ? ps; half joking on that brain-storm !?. Hmmm . . . ;) :idea: .
Those are really cool products fo sho! Can't really comment on what 2021 or 2022 might hold--who knows--but I can tell you exactly what our immediate future holds. Our design, engineering, and manufacturing team are very focused on getting our SmartCaps and SmartTrays into North America as quickly as we can.

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon

Screens for the smaller side windows would def be a cool option - and I am extremely excited for this topper and the capability it will add to my Gladiator on mountain adventures here in Colorado!

If ever any assistance is required with testing the Smartcap functionality in the mountains and on mountain climbing expeditions, I am willing and able, as is my Gladiator! :jk:

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Please see below.

Been wondering since Monday (11th), when I re-started following along the ROKON (Alu-Cab) Thread, what RSI's "Reaction Score" is (currently) and what, if any, Modifications RSI may be contemplating.
We have a detailed process that our team follows to deliver the results we are looking for. Once we test fit and validate a prototype there are normally no medications required.

Q#1 - Do the EVO's come with SHIMS or other "quick fixes" necessary for that "perfect" Fit & Alignment ? ?
We would encourage you to check out our installation instructions or our assembly and installation video.

The 5-piece modular design has been engineered with incredibly tight tolerances that leave no room for "adjustments" in the assembly process. This ensures that the cap is assembled to our specifications--meaning your cap will be watertight.
When the video 1st started my reaction was, ugh, previous Gen. again, but was quickly reassured that the Assembly AND Install are indeed the New / Final USA product . Another item of interest, that honestly I was concerned with - those C-CLAMPS ! In fact if I may cite that ROKON Thread again - it's Recently been implied by a member that these are "Cheap" intrusive and Old School methods for securing Cap to Truck Rail !?. I too was a skeptic as
I've indicated in early postings on RLD & Alu-Cab threads . After seeing the install video on my Large (58" diagonal) HDTV - it is clear to me that these C-Clamps are NOT "Cheap" or "Intrusive;" Not any more so than the Alu-Cab Hardware used on Their Product - as seen in Stephen707's video and photos of . . . ! SO Cudo's to RSI . So am wondering . . . can you provide some SPECS on the materials & Strength of these C-Clamps ? They appear to be of Aluminum, while the Cap is Stainless Steel . . . !?. Another thing I find interesting is that with this "simpler approach," No Bed Rail System is needed to be purchased in order to do the install . . . I like that . Curious thou, how many C-Clamps come with the Gladiator - 2 per side ? lf I were buying for a Gladiator I'd want to do 3 per side . A full size RAM w/ 6' 4" bed; I'd want 3 per side and 2 up front, or 4 per side and none up front . Can additional clamps be included with a purchase or installed at an authorized Dealer ? Thinking ahead, as always . . . Thanks .
as a side note, for those buying the EVO and wanting windows with screens, it appears for now they are out of luck, but viewing the Framing of the windows (interior) it seems like an easy FIX for someone with a bit of ingenuity -- Max strength velcro on the framing and some sewing of the other side to some mesh screening of choice. May not be "pretty" but should keep the biters at bay . But for ME, I'll go the EVOc route + added windows of choice, unless by then (2021) you come up with your own fix !?.

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
When the video 1st started my reaction was, ugh, previous Gen. again, but was quickly reassured that the Assembly AND Install are indeed the New / Final USA product . Another item of interest, that honestly I was concerned with - those C-CLAMPS ! In fact if I may cite that ROKON Thread again - it's Recently been implied by a member that these are "Cheap" intrusive and Old School methods for securing Cap to Truck Rail !?. I too was a skeptic as
I've indicated in early postings on RLD & Alu-Cab threads . After seeing the install video on my Large (58" diagonal) HDTV - it is clear to me that these C-Clamps are NOT "Cheap" or "Intrusive;" Not any more so than the Alu-Cab Hardware used on Their Product - as seen in Stephen707's video and photos of . . . ! SO Cudo's to RSI . So am wondering . . . can you provide some SPECS on the materials & Strength of these C-Clamps ? They appear to be of Aluminum, while the Cap is Stainless Steel . . . !?. Another thing I find interesting is that with this "simpler approach," No Bed Rail System is needed to be purchased in order to do the install . . . I like that . Curious thou, how many C-Clamps come with the Gladiator - 2 per side ? lf I were buying for a Gladiator I'd want to do 3 per side . A full size RAM w/ 6' 4" bed; I'd want 3 per side and 2 up front, or 4 per side and none up front . Can additional clamps be included with a purchase or installed at an authorized Dealer ? Thinking ahead, as always . . . Thanks .
as a side note, for those buying the EVO and wanting windows with screens, it appears for now they are out of luck, but viewing the Framing of the windows (interior) it seems like an easy FIX for someone with a bit of ingenuity -- Max strength velcro on the framing and some sewing of the other side to some mesh screening of choice. May not be "pretty" but should keep the biters at bay . But for ME, I'll go the EVOc route + added windows of choice, unless by then (2021) you come up with your own fix !?.
Checking on your question regarding additional specs for the c-clamps.

As per your question regarding the number of c-clamps, we include 6 per SmartCap--so no added clamps will be needed. Also, see attached pictures. With the Gladiator, we ship our standard c-clamps, but we also include a bracket that allows you to connect them into the trail rails.

Jeep Gladiator SmartCap goes on new Jeep Gladiator Build Photo May 03, 12 09 36 PM
Jeep Gladiator SmartCap goes on new Jeep Gladiator Build Photo May 03, 12 09 43 PM

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Checking on your question regarding additional specs for the c-clamps.

As per your question regarding the number of c-clamps, we include 6 per SmartCap--so no added clamps will be needed. Also, see attached pictures. With the Gladiator, we ship our standard c-clamps, but we also include a bracket that allows you to connect them into the trail rails.

Jeep Gladiator SmartCap goes on new Jeep Gladiator Build Photo May 03, 12 09 43 PM
THANK YOU for that clarification . . . I had just looked over your other Thread and was getting confused about HOW the Clamps are USED . . . and to be honest I'm still a bit unsure about you having 2 styles of clamps ? . . . for trail rail systems and Standard side wall Beds . Could you provide a Side by Side photo comparison of the two styles IN ACTION, on the appropriate vehicles ? That would be "interesting" & helpful . Oh, I also LIKED your 4 CAPS side by side Comparison -various views . . . once again reaffirming FOR ME at least, that the RSI truly IS the Better in Design and Function . For instance I much prefer the Horizontal opening of the panels vs. going beyond that . . . in a rain storm I think we know which will "survive" the runoff situation better; RSI's ! As for Myself, I'LL be looking at avoiding the rail system on my future (2021) Quad RAM 1500, if possible !?. Knowing RAM and the constant changing of their B. & P. site - to suit their sales goals, You never know, week to week what is & what isn't "permissible" as Options OR what is available for each Model !?. talk about "Fluidity," ha .

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
THANK YOU for that clarification . . . I had just looked over your other Thread and was getting confused about HOW the Clamps are USED . . . and to be honest I'm still a bit unsure about you having 2 styles of clamps ? . . . for trail rail systems and Standard side wall Beds . Could you provide a Side by Side photo comparison of the two styles IN ACTION, on the appropriate vehicles ? That would be "interesting" & helpful . Oh, I also LIKED your 4 CAPS side by side Comparison -various views . . . once again reaffirming FOR ME at least, that the RSI truly IS the Better in Design and Function . For instance I much prefer the Horizontal opening of the panels vs. going beyond that . . . in a rain storm I think we know which will "survive" the runoff situation better; RSI's ! As for Myself, I'LL be looking at avoiding the rail system on my future (2021) Quad RAM 1500, if possible !?. Knowing RAM and the constant changing of their B. & P. site - to suit their sales goals, You never know, week to week what is & what isn't "permissible" as Options OR what is available for each Model !?. talk about "Fluidity," ha .
Here ya be and thank you for your kind words.

Photo May 03, 12 09 36 PM.jpg

IMG_1716.jpeg
Sponsored