upTOP Overland Rack on RSi Smartcap

Blackhawk

First Name
Devan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Spent a ton of time researching and debating racks for my Smartcap and ended up trying this Alpha eX rack from upTOP Overland. I believe this is the first rack they made for a Smartcap on a Gladiator, so the dimensions are a little off in my opinion, but it still works. I had to make a few adjustments and cut a little bit to get it to fit properly, but I got it on. Lights can be easily integrated, so that will be my next project.
Jeep Gladiator upTOP Overland Rack on RSi Smartcap IMG_3117.JPG
Jeep Gladiator upTOP Overland Rack on RSi Smartcap IMG_3121.JPG
Jeep Gladiator upTOP Overland Rack on RSi Smartcap IMG_3123.JPG
Jeep Gladiator upTOP Overland Rack on RSi Smartcap IMG_3124.JPG
Sponsored

Noki016

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
How do you order it? Is there a specific one for smartcap or you need to contact them directly?

OP
OP

Blackhawk

First Name
Devan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
How do you order it? Is there a specific one for smartcap or you need to contact them directly?
I traded several emails with them. They don't make one specifically for the Smartcap, so I gave them the dimensions of the rails on top of the cap so they could custom cut the crossbars. They have to be shorter than the crossbars for their regular Gladiator rack. If you're looking to order one let me know. I'll dig up the dimensions and note a few other modifications I made to get it to fit right. My crossbars are about a 1/2" shorter than I would like. I added some spacers to push the armor sides out so I could get it to sit lower. There was also a decent amount of wind noise when I first installed it, so I ordered their basic wind screen and cut that down to size myself to get it to fit and it solved the noise issue.
Sponsored