Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JT Mojave
Occupation
slave
Jeep Gladiator Roof Rack for RSI SmartCap 20220110_152307

I realise it's on my old GMC in above picture but I had a Prinsu rack on top of it. Loved it. I took it off my RSI cap and put it in my Gladiator Road Armor rack until my new RSI cap comes in
Jeep Gladiator Roof Rack for RSI SmartCap 20220518_125948

Fits very well. I also have a 270 awning and a shower stall thing on it. And no, The dog is not dead. She's just an idiot
Sponsored

MikeR1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2021
Occupation
Sales
Not yet. I put everything on hold while I looked at trying to buy a new Overland. I eventually gave up and did an upgrade on the Extended Warranty. The Credit Union made a good offer, so I refinanced at a lower rate with a three month payment holiday. Now, I'm finally ready to start on it again.
How cool! Do you have a new overland ready in mind?

OP
OP
Mr._Bill

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
How cool! Do you have a new overland ready in mind?
I was going to order a new Gobi Overland with every available option. With the price increases for '22, I would been in the same financial position as when I bought this one. My dealer was not cooperative on pricing, so I would have had to go out of state. Instead, I upgraded to a Unlimited Mileage Max Care extended warranty, so I'll look at buying a new one before that expires in four years. This one has functioned very well for me, and there's the worry of a lemon with a new one. Production on mine was started 3/28/19, so hopefully initial quality was more of a concern back then than getting them assembled and off the line. Also, I wasn't looking forward to removing the modifications and doing it all over again with another truck.

I've got a bunch of minor mods I want to try and get done before summer. I'm going to touch up the paint on the roof rack and get it turned over. Now, I've got lights to go on the front and back of the rack.

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor
I'm looking for recommendations for a Roof Rack for my RSI SmartCap. Anything to watch for from those who have installed one? I know there were some posts about them in the RSI SmartCap thread, but I don't really want to go back through 43 pages to find them.
Rhino racks front and back and decked drawers inside.

20220530_124022.jpg

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
I put a Thule rack on mine. I put square m6 or m8 nuts in the track and bolted the rack to it. Pretty easy.

That said; I might get the RSI rack and put my Thule rack above the rear portion of the hard top for storage up there.

Sponsored

MikeR1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2021
Occupation
Sales
Jeep Gladiator Roof Rack for RSI SmartCap 20220530_124022

I realise it's on my old GMC in above picture but I had a Prinsu rack on top of it. Loved it. I took it off my RSI cap and put it in my Gladiator Road Armor rack until my new RSI cap comes in

Fits very well. I also have a 270 awning and a shower stall thing on it. And no, The dog is not dead. She's just an idiot
lol.... everything looks great in this last pic.. including your actor dog! lol

Bburks

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JTD
Occupation
Occupational Therapist

Did you ever put the RSI smartcap on the gladiator with the Prinsu Rack? I’ve been considering purchasing a prinsu rack to put on my smartcap but didn’t know what width to buy. Didn’t want a supper wide rack that would end up hitting the full wing doors of the smartcap. Would love some pictures if you have them.

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor
What model Rhino rack is on your RSI Cap and how did you attach it?
The pioneer rack with rhinorack feet. Just used the track system on the topper to attach the feet. The feet stay there and I lift off the rack with a hoist in the garage and let it hang when not in use.

LancGladiatorGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
Occupation
LEO
The pioneer rack with rhinorack feet. Just used the track system on the topper to attach the feet. The feet stay there and I lift off the rack with a hoist in the garage and let it hang when not in use.
One more question, what size is the rack on the cap? 60x49 or 60x54? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

cajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Gladiator Mojave, 20 JLUR, 18 JLUS
Not from the post, but I did from an outside source. https://www.etrailer.com/question-712517.html?fb=yes.
Finally got a chance to look at the link and I am still a bit unsure, as it references a rack that is 60x54. The smartcap is 47" from the center of each rail. With the doors open, it looks like you might have another 3" on each side for a rack without hitting the door. The rack that RSI sells (platform rack) is 51.57" L x53.94" W

I am just hoping I can find someone who has installed the rhino rack pioneer system on a JT with a RSI smartcap and can confirm. My best guess is part number 52100F (60x49). I assume you have to use the Rhino Rack quick mount legs, but hoping not due to added height. Anyway, I will monitor the post and see what turns up.