First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
retired military
6 month old Gladdy with hard top. Miss the soft top of previous 35 yrs of Jeeps. So may purchase one soon. I read here and there about "premium" with "tint windows" etc.
I have nobody in my area with a soft top to physically inspect so could y'all tell me a)types of tops b)best source c) what I should expect to pay

Thanks
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
I have the premium soft top and love it. I had a hard top on my JLU and didn’t want to have to deal with taking it on and off, especially during rainy season here in Florida. My top is almost like a thick twill and the rear window is tinted. I’ve seen others that look more like a vinyl type material. But a lot of people with the hard top swear by the sun rider best top (I think that’s what it’s called). It’s essentially a soft top replacement for your freedom panels only. Allows you to quickly flip it open. Kind of a compromise between a full hardtop and soft top.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I have the hard top and the Jeep premium soft top. The soft top is fantastic, fits excellent and works great. We put on the soft top 2 years ago and have not taken it off. The hard top sits at home, but, we live in Sunny California. I spray "Raggtopp" protectant on the soft top and it still looks brand new. My Gladiator is not garaged.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I've never had a standard soft top, but I sure do love the ease of the rag top and I do love the quality of the premium soft top. the added headroom alone is far worth it over the hard block top. If security is not a concern, soft top is the bomb.

Sponsored

OP
OP
taintedsaint

taintedsaint

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
retired military
I really appreciate all the input. Seems I was right about how good the soft top is.
I bought right before inventory became scarce and there were no soft tops within 200 miles. Looks like I'll install one.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
I've got the standard soft top on mine (non-premium) and absolutely love it as well. It too has a tinted rear window, and functions identical to the premium tops, is just a vinyl type material instead of the fabric on the premium. So far is holding up great. We open it up 4-5 times a week minimum, so easy to do.

So, sounds like you can't go wrong with either. I see soft tops on sale in the member market place here fairly regularly as well as Facebook marketplace.

One other thing to look at as well when you get a soft top is a set of sun shades. We think they are great, and really do knock down a ton of the direct sun. These are the Shadeideas from Amazon, but there are lots of great options.

Good luck, you'll love the soft top!

And just because no thread is complete without beauty pics ;)

Jeep Gladiator Soft top purchase. Which one? ShadeideaShadesAmazon

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
Standard softop here as well, no regrets open it every day unless it is raining

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
I've got the standard soft top on mine (non-premium) and absolutely love it as well. It too has a tinted rear window, and functions identical to the premium tops, is just a vinyl type material instead of the fabric on the premium. So far is holding up great. We open it up 4-5 times a week minimum, so easy to do.

So, sounds like you can't go wrong with either. I see soft tops on sale in the member market place here fairly regularly as well as Facebook marketplace.

One other thing to look at as well when you get a soft top is a set of sun shades. We think they are great, and really do knock down a ton of the direct sun. These are the Shadeideas from Amazon, but there are lots of great options.

ShadeideaShadesAmazon.jpg
I second the sun shade. We got a set of Dirty Dog front and rear mesh shades. They are perfect for driving mid day with the top open in Florida. Here’s the link:
Quadratec - Dirtydog 4x4 Sunshade

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
premium soft top here. had it as my only top since I bought the rig new in Aug 2019. IMO it is just fine, even in Norrhern MN winter.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Gladiator Soft top purchase. Which one? ShadeideaShadesAmazon
good lookin JT
Sponsored