Sponsored

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 911 C2S
In case anyone is wondering how tough the soft top is, mine survived a rather heavy tree falling on it with no broken parts, tears and even scratches. Surprised my side window didn’t break either

No idea why my pictures wont post
Jeep Gladiator Soft top shows toughness from downed tree IMG_3358
Jeep Gladiator Soft top shows toughness from downed tree IMG_3359

Pic from today.

6b5726a6-2b57-407f-aee7-09601c7f4a31-jpeg.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
In case anyone is wondering how tough the soft top is, mine survived a rather heavy tree falling on it with no broken parts, tears and even scratches. Surprised my side window didn’t break either

No idea why my pictures wont post
Jeep Gladiator Soft top shows toughness from downed tree 6b5726a6-2b57-407f-aee7-09601c7f4a31-jpe
Jeep Gladiator Soft top shows toughness from downed tree 6b5726a6-2b57-407f-aee7-09601c7f4a31-jpe
That is the reason that the neighbors and I are getting rid of leafy trees in front yards in favor of palms... much less chance of that.

Was quite the day yesterday! I lost a branch about that size off of my Orchid tree last night, but that was back yard next to fence.

OP
OP

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is the reason that the neighbors and I are getting rid of leafy trees in front yards in favor of palms... much less chance of that.

Was quite the day yesterday! I lost a branch about that size off of my Orchid tree last night, but that was back yard next to fence.
Yea was worse than expected. The bigger part of the tree hit the back left corner of the top and slid into the bed. Luckily the branch on the side window held all the weight so no damage

Pretty impressed by the strength in that corner though

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the premium soft top or the vinyl/sailcloth top?

Sponsored

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I love the idea of the soft top. it looks to me like if they only could change the after bracket to the JL/JLU style, The top could actually go DOWN. I can’t imagine why the decision was made to eliminate that option. As it is now, it’s necessary to park, get out, put the roof back in place, and then get back in before pulling into my garage.

what’s up with that?

OP
OP

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love the idea of the soft top. it looks to me like if they only could change the after bracket to the JL/JLU style, The top could actually go DOWN. I can’t imagine why the decision was made to eliminate that option. As it is now, it’s necessary to park, get out, put the roof back in place, and then get back in before pulling into my garage.

what’s up with that?
If I had to imagine, so it doesn’t take up bed space. But this isn’t about their design, for it to withstand a decent tree falling on it without so much as a scratch, is pretty damn impressive

Horde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland. 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Thanks for the post. Tougher than I expected. I'm glad you didn't have to replace it.