Sponsored

Soft top summer; hard top winter

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Does anyone know when you order the Dual Top group if the the soft top come assembled in the box and ready to put on the Gladiator? The reason I ask is because my cousin ordered the soft top after he purchased his Wrangler and it came in pieces. By pieces I mean he had to fasten the fabric to the bars, and completely assemble it before he could put it on the Wrangler.
Guessing this is indicative of what you should expect for the gladiator too, but a flatter box that fits under the tonneau in the bed.

Sponsored

bigbeerdrinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU Sahara, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Guessing this is indicative of what you should expect for the gladiator too, but a flatter box that fits under the tonneau in the bed.

Thank you for the video! It's still unclear to me if the soft top is completely assembled and ready to be installed out of the box, or does the box contain all of the parts that you must then assemble.

Basically as soon as I pull it out of the box is it ready to be installed?

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
Thank you for the video! It's still unclear to me if the soft top is completely assembled and ready to be installed out of the box, or does the box contain all of the parts that you must then assemble.

Basically as soon as I pull it out of the box is it ready to be installed?
It will likely include a few specific parts: the canvas and frame assembly, folded and assembled, the door surrounds, the windows, and any hardware required for install.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
You can NOT have both tops on at the same time, one does not fit over the other. If you order dual tops you will get the hard top on the jeep and the soft top will be in a big ass box. In the wrangler the box took up all of the back seat on on a 2 door or all of the cargo room on an unlimited. Not sure on the JT, I assume they will make it fit in the back seat sense its a smaller top, and that would protect it over having it transported in the bed, but that could be the reason they require the tonneau cover. I am getting dual tops for sure, but I would also pass on the tonneau if I could.
You can have sunrider for hardtop though. Like if a soft top and hardtop had an autumn or springlove child.

lilloco

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Jeep Comanche, 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3, 2008 Jeep WK 3.0crd
Occupation
Card-Player
Advanced apologies but when looking at the dealer order sheet it's not entirely clear (since that's all we have in Canada so far)... Is it safe to assume the listed sunrider premium soft top is the same one in the dual top group? The under text of cant do this must have that but no description of the dual top group and no pictures jumbled it up. I like pictures.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Advanced apologies but when looking at the dealer order sheet it's not entirely clear (since that's all we have in Canada so far)... Is it safe to assume the listed sunrider premium soft top is the same one in the dual top group? The under text of cant do this must have that but no description of the dual top group and no pictures jumbled it up. I like pictures.

Yes it is the premium soft top. Dual top requires the tonneau cover (at least in the US). I think they keep the soft top box under the tonneau cover in the bed when they ship the truck. Just my guess.
Sponsored