First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Education
Two torx bolts on the latch. You can loosen them and move them retighten. It didn't help me. The piece attached to the header adjusts too but if the spring in the latch is worn out it won't matter.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Coachcal

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Education
Well, I am back to having the vibration. It is very strange how it comes and goes. It seems to have to do with the amount of direct wind that hits the front of the Jeep. I can run up to about 80 mph without a vibration when there is no wind, but it starts around 65 mph when there is a head wind. Very frustrating.

Has anyone ever taken the header apart and tried to tighten the fabric? I'd be interested to hear your experience if you have. I can't quite tell how the fabric attaches to the header and haven't gotten the nerve to take it apart yet.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I am back to having the vibration. It is very strange how it comes and goes. It seems to have to do with the amount of direct wind that hits the front of the Jeep. I can run up to about 80 mph without a vibration when there is no wind, but it starts around 65 mph when there is a head wind. Very frustrating.

Has anyone ever taken the header apart and tried to tighten the fabric? I'd be interested to hear your experience if you have. I can't quite tell how the fabric attaches to the header and haven't gotten the nerve to take it apart yet.
i havent yet either, but ive thought about it. I lost 2mpg when I went to my soft top for the summer and was wondering if this was due to the drag from the fabric, or maybe its just a bit looser than it was last year. Who knows.

I did however adjust the drivers side latch and it has way less wind noise. Which is nice

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
keeping my fingers crossed.. mine has not needed any adjusting.

Sponsored

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought a used soft top off another Gladiator and I am having a hard time with it. First, the passenger side latch just doesn't seem to catch correctly. It feels like the spring may be warm out as it just doesn't click into place as firmly as the driver side. It has flung open at highway speeds several times and scares the crap out of me. I have it clamped shut for now. I ordered a replacement and am waiting on delivery. I suspect that this will fix the latch issue. BTW, I tried adjusting the latch and hook and it helped a little bit it still came unlatched at highway speeds.

The second issue is a vibration that turns into a loud hum in the front fabric at around 65 mph. It gets really violent and loud. I can put my hand on the fabric just in front of the first support and make the vibration stop but it returns when I remove my hand.

Any suggestions on how to fix the vibration?
Do you have a hood bug deflector? I had one that did something to the aerodynamics and caused my soft top to violently shudder at hey speeds changed to a different deflector and no more issues

OP
OP

Coachcal

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Education
No good deflector. Stock other than levelling kit.

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well I am out of options .. I have heard of windshield frames not being right.. but that is very unusual... have you measured your windshield frame to make sure it is not off?

OP
OP

Coachcal

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Education
Not sure what you mean about measuring the windshield frame.

OP
OP

Coachcal

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Education
I'm about to give up and see if someone else wants to take it off my hands to troubleshoot it. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement door surround for just the rear passenger side? That may be my issue as it has a little damage. It doesn't appear to be impacting it at all as it feels firm but may be the cause.

JTWAVE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Mine is pretty quiet at 75 mph, but if it’s windy, it gets noisy and if I roll down the driver window, the top buffets so bad sometimes, I have to close all the windows.
Sponsored