USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Please remember I'm originally a GM guy......but with a Jeep addiction

Stormtroopin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
This thread makes me sick.

Toyota makes the most reliable, longest lasting, best offroad midsize truck out there. Even if the Gladiator can tow more or has a better payload rating or a better shifting transmission and a solid axle, Tacomas are designed to run for 250k in a third world country with no major repairs.

Stop loving the Jeep everyone!!!!!
😆🤣🤣🤣❄❄❄❄❄

PixelWelder

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
User Experience
You should have no problems with pulling that trailer. I have a Max Tow as well and pull the Apex M193BHS from Coachman. Tires are 35's and I will be going to 37's so I did decide to re-gear the axles. I pull a lot through the Utah mountains and it's just a little more help to get up and over those mountain passes.

IMG_9102.jpg

JCappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma, Shopping for a jeep
Sold my 2022 Tacoma Trd Offroad and bought a 2023 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow package.

I put a 1.5" front Teraflex puck lift leaving the stock springs on all four corners, 33" Wildpeak on Mojave wheels, Tonneau Cover
Rubicon Rock rails and a Redarc Trailer brake controller.

We will be using this to tow a Grand Design 17Mke, which was a little too much weight for the Tacoma. With the Max Tow Pkg and increased payload I should be just about right. I know a 1/2 ton would have been better, but my wife and I do quite a bit of off-roading and I did not want a full size truck.

Jeep Gladiator Sold my Tacoma, Bought a Gladiator IMG_9102
Very nice and welcome. I traded my 2017 Tacoma Sport 4X4 just 4 months ago to get my first ever Jeep. Loving my Mojave and the way it drives. Enjoy driving it every day.

Sponsored

TheDerb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
New member here and first post :)... I sold my 22 TRD Off Road and just picked up a Black Mojave too!
Welcome!

One thing I have heard from a couple of other people who have gone from Toyotas to Gladiators is how much less effort mods are. You want 35s? No trimming or cutting necessary. You want to add some height? Very little effort required.

Also, nearly universally, people who come over to "this side" realize just how many more Gladiators you see wheeling at OHV parks and on comparatively difficult trails than you do any other truck. You might see a newer Tacoma here or there, but without fail the significant majority of current trucks doing tough wheeling are Gladiators- they just work better in that situation. People tend to have a lot of theoretical conversations about capabilities, but when it comes down to it, the Gladiator is the king of the hill on the trail.

Glad to have you here!

LATJ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Welcome!

One thing I have heard from a couple of other people who have gone from Toyotas to Gladiators is how much less effort mods are. You want 35s? No trimming or cutting necessary. You want to add some height? Very little effort required.

Also, nearly universally, people who come over to "this side" realize just how many more Gladiators you see wheeling at OHV parks and on comparatively difficult trails than you do any other truck. You might see a newer Tacoma here or there, but without fail the significant majority of current trucks doing tough wheeling are Gladiators- they just work better in that situation. People tend to have a lot of theoretical conversations about capabilities, but when it comes down to it, the Gladiator is the king of the hill on the trail.

Glad to have you here!
So far, I like everything about the JT better than the Taco. The Gladiator is what the Toy wants to be when it grows up. The Mojave makes me smile every time I drive it!

OP
OP
MTB58

MTB58

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Sales Mgmt
Welcome!

Glad to have you here!
I felt all alone with my Tacoma on our offroad trips. I organize the offroad trips in our neighborhood and as you can see all my friends have jeeps.

My buddy took his Gladiator to Broken Arrow in Sedona with us and did not scrape once, my Tacoma scraped multiple times. I was impressed.
Jeep Gladiator Sold my Tacoma, Bought a Gladiator 20220823_101557
Jeep Gladiator Sold my Tacoma, Bought a Gladiator 20220823_110837 (1)
Jeep Gladiator Sold my Tacoma, Bought a Gladiator 20221116_073300
Sponsored