Some of my other hobbies, and my shop

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Just remember Static isn't your friend with gun powder.

Make sure your family stays out of your reloading area too. Had a co-worker in Japan who's wife blew herself up trying to clean up the storage room while her husband was on temporary assignment out of country.
Great advice! No kids, no wife, no radio, no alcohol. Another tip, gunpowder on the floor and a vacuum cleaner isn't s good idea, either. Use a broom!
Sponsored

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
Just looking at that old valve grinder in the background makes my thumb throb. I've got a nice groove in my right thumb after a very bad day 30yrs ago involving one of those, 2 seconds of distraction at work, an ER nurse, a stiff scrub brush, a large bottle of betadine, and a lot of cursing.

Sponsored

BaliMawr

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTMT, 2004 R1150GS, 1979 R100
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Art Teacher, Blacksmith
I got caught up in the ammo shortage after Sandy Hook in 2012, and vowed "never again."
I bought a couple of presses and set aside money every month for components. To my surprise, I find it quite relaxing and I'm sorta good at it.
I am not affected by the current shortage, and I doubt I ever will be.
IMG_1992.JPG
IMG_1892.JPG
IMG_3017.JPG
Nah, that's wrong. I'm liberal in a lot of ways, but my grandfather was NRA, and had a whole room dedicated to reloading. Or as liberals like to call it, RECYCLING. ;)

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
Great story S/P!

and I like your answers here on the forum, comes from the older more thought controlled side of mechanics !!

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Nice shop and excellent work! I like the reloading workshop also. I spend most of my days doing work in front of multiple computer screens and a laptop. It’s rewarding in its own way but on the weekends I do appreciate working on things with my hands. Actually doing something that you can sit back and admire when you are done is rewarding.

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Nice shop and excellent work! I like the reloading workshop also. I spend most of my days doing work in front of multiple computer screens and a laptop. It’s rewarding in its own way but on the weekends I do appreciate working on things with my hands. Actually doing something that you can sit back and admire when you are done is rewarding.
I spent several years with a large work area and multiple computers and at one point 4 screens and it kept me so busy time went pretty fast. Yes, it was rewarding - solutions, fixing things, it has rewards, especially after you do things that others tried and said it couldn't be done, or you saved your boss's back side when his boss and his boss's boss all came down on him because of ongoing email issues even central IT didn't get resolved. I think at one point he was concerned about my intentions, my goals for the future, I could feel it in a meeting we had. I told him - I don't want certificates on the wall, I don't want promotions and I have zero interest in your nice corner office. I enjoy working in the background making things happen, making things smooth. Just let me work and keep things working and I'm happy as heck. I told him I didn't even want credit for the fixes, just tell the bosses and administrator things are fixed.

But it's the hands-on stuff for me. You take something that looks almost hopeless and make it new again.

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
I got caught up in the ammo shortage after Sandy Hook in 2012, and vowed "never again."
I bought a couple of presses and set aside money every month for components. To my surprise, I find it quite relaxing and I'm sorta good at it.
I am not affected by the current shortage, and I doubt I ever will be.
IMG_1992.JPG
IMG_1892.JPG
IMG_3017.JPG
Ohhhhh, you going to get a nasty-gram for that one. I did, and posted a meme that had nothing to do with politics.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That was 2 1/2 years ago - I suspect he's lived through it.

Xwelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tow Max
Occupation
Aviation Maintenance
I know it’s an old thread, but I’d still love to see your hit and miss engines. And any stories about them. Those engines fascinate me.
Sponsored