First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Ive never had this problem before in all the installs i've ever done. and i just noticed this one starting recently. but what's changed since initial install is having put a sunrider on, i'm running around more with the top open which necessitates turning up the stereo louder than i normally would.

whats happening: at loud (not max) volumes, occasionally when there's a pause in the (rock) music, then all the instruments hit at once there will be a sudden extra loud sharp noise. kinda like someone suddenly dragging the needle across a record, is the best way i can describe it. its very quick and only lasts for that split second.

i'm trying to decide if this is coming from the head unit or the speakers. it never seems to come at a convenient time and is hard to replicate, so i am not sure if it is front, rear, left, right, or all. i also am working out of town so i only even have a chance to check this on the weekends. i've tried googling the issue but the only returns i get are for pops, whines, and hissing.

TIA for any suggestions!
Sponsored

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
There’s a good thread on here about this unit. You might get some better responses there from members who have it installed. Also, I believe the vendor is on here too and seems pretty responsive. I’m sure they’d help you troubleshoot it on the weekend. Sucks to hear that man. Hope you get it resolved. Other than that, how do you like that unit? I’ve been looking at that one and the Insane Audio one as well.

OP
OP
lordtygr

lordtygr

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
There’s a good thread on here about this unit. You might get some better responses there from members who have it installed. Also, I believe the vendor is on here too and seems pretty responsive. I’m sure they’d help you troubleshoot it on the weekend. Sucks to hear that man. Hope you get it resolved. Other than that, how do you like that unit? I’ve been looking at that one and the Insane Audio one as well.
i cant compare it to the IA one,as ive never used it. My understanding is there’s pro’s and cons to either. Compared to more universal units though, this thing is on a whole other level. I do absolutely love it. I had the 5” and a pioneer touch screen prior to and this thing sounds and looks better. Plus the additional functionality is great. Being able to have a clear HD factory back up cam with working guide lines on that huge screen is great as well.

im aware of that thread you are talking about, thanks. I just wanted a new separate thread so that this issue is seen by more than those with the unit as it may be a speaker issue and nothing to do with the head.

maybe I should tag @Mike - Stinger Off-Road, so i can get his input.
Thanks!

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
i cant compare it to the IA one,as ive never used it. My understanding is there’s pro’s and cons to either. Compared to more universal units though, this thing is on a whole other level. I do absolutely love it. I had the 5” and a pioneer touch screen prior to and this thing sounds and looks better. Plus the additional functionality is great. Being able to have a clear HD factory back up cam with working guide lines on that huge screen is great as well.

im aware of that thread you are talking about, thanks. I just wanted a new separate thread so that this issue is seen by more than those with the unit as it may be a speaker issue and nothing to do with the head.

maybe I should tag @Mike - Stinger Off-Road, so i can get his input.
Thanks!
Hey Tyson!
Give us a call and we can walk through the issue you are having. (727) 732-3114
Did your Gladiator have the factory Alpine system? If so, use this guide for tuning with a factory amplified system:

Attachments

OP
OP
lordtygr

lordtygr

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Hey Tyson!
Give us a call and we can walk through the issue you are having. (727) 732-3114
Did your Gladiator have the factory Alpine system? If so, use this guide for tuning with a factory amplified system:
i will try and call friday morning when i get back in town. no, just the basic factory sound prior. Thanks!
Sponsored