First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Here's some interesting reading...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_pressure
Look at the Examples of Sound Pressure table in particular. You'll note that hearing damage will begin to occur at 85dB.
Even low quality speakers will produce close to 85dB with only 1 watt of power.
Also worth mentioning, a 3dB level change is barely noticeable, and 5dB is noticeable. To double the loudness, you need a 10dB increase, which is a 10 times increase in power.
Bottom line: a change from 23W to 40W will be a barely noticeable increase in loudness.

Kevin
Sponsored

Wicked1

First Name
Quest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator sport S, 2020 Jeep renegade trailhawk
Aren't the speakers different/better? The speakers in non premium packages are absolute paper mache garbage. Jeep also makes it difficult to upgrade to new speakers without an amp because the factory systems are 2 ohm systens. Most afternarket speakers are 4 ohms. I will be doing a full sound system upgrade with Insane Audio JL3001, amp, powered sub, speakers, etc. Have everything, hope to get it in on Thursday.

I have the insane audio already installed in my JT and I absolutely love it, as for subwoofer and amp I went with two kicker hideaways one under each seat the 10-inch model that has speaker and amp combined and it sounds amazing. Next thing is all the other stock speakers.

go0001

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland Sting Gray
Occupation
Technology
This video speaks of the Wrangler, but the same setup is used in the Gladiator.

This is the Alpine upgrade for 2015 and later JK. It is not the same as the very average Alpine upgrade in the JL/JT

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

ScottDB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I found the 21 Willy's model I wanted but it didn't have the Premium Audio package BUT Alpine makes the Alpine PSS-23WRA aftermarket package which improved high-end response and drastically changed the bass delivery.. It's specifically designed for Jeeps including the Gladiator. It's not perfect, but I would recommend it. The stock (7 inch display) 3 band EQ really limits customizability.

Sponsored

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
I have the insane audio already installed in my JT and I absolutely love it, as for subwoofer and amp I went with two kicker hideaways one under each seat the 10-inch model that has speaker and amp combined and it sounds amazing. Next thing is all the other stock speakers.
I just installed the JL3001 last Friday and I agree...LOVE IT!!! I also installed a Sound Ordinance 8" powered sub behind the back passenger seat and an 8 channel JBL amp. I ended up running new speaker wire to all speakers as I already upgraded speakers and wanted them on different channels. Sounds great, just working on dialing it in.

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Here's some interesting reading...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_pressure
Look at the Examples of Sound Pressure table in particular. You'll note that hearing damage will begin to occur at 85dB.
Even low quality speakers will produce close to 85dB with only 1 watt of power.
Also worth mentioning, a 3dB level change is barely noticeable, and 5dB is noticeable. To double the loudness, you need a 10dB increase, which is a 10 times increase in power.
Bottom line: a change from 23W to 40W will be a barely noticeable increase in loudness.

Kevin
WHAT?!?!?!?

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
I'm Just Happy about the heated Steering Wheel. WTF is the subwoofer??
I do have the subwoofer but no badging to indicate brand

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
The non premium / non alpine speakers are absolutely atrocious. I was shocked in my new $40k+ 2016 JK Rubi that the speakers were that shitty…in a car that expensive. Still can’t believe Jeep let’s vehicles out of the factory like that. Anyways, of course did the Alpine in the JT, great factory setup, clearly more than just a sub and amp.

Sponsored

Otis89

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Gas Utility

This is the Alpine upgrade for the JL and JT. Powered subwoofer goes under passenger seat, power pack amp separately runs dash and sound bar. Sounds pretty decent, brings the factory speakers to life, and the bass fills in nicely. Had this in our JLUS before we traded for the JT. Pulled it out and kept the setup in case ours didn’t have factory Alpine. Still have it, might put this on marketplace.

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
Behind rear seat, pull seat forward on passenger side.
That's the Bluetooth speaker-Not a subwoofer!! OR Are You telling me it serves as BOTH??

md_adirondacks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator JT Mojave
Screen size does not mean premium sound - not when I bought anyway.
Right, I only really did online builds for a mojave and rubicon where screen size does mean premium sound, or at least they make it seem like it does.

In either case, I replaced only my front dash 3.5" speakers with infinity and the difference is night and day. The lack of true tweeters in the factory setup, premium or not, really really shows
Sponsored