Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
cocksman
Thanks Radio Guy - much appreciated

I got an answer from JL Audio (very impressed with their response time) :

We are actually trying to get our hands on a 4XE model in R&D so they can test fit the enclosures. From some photos we have gathered, the battery for that vehicle lifts the rear floors a bit and it may not allow the enclosure to be installed properly. For now, I would not recommend ordering that Stealthbox until we specifically list the 4XE in the online fitment guide as being tested.​
As for the questions on wiring to the OEM amp, I would not recommend that as the factory amp uses the 4 coils in order to be able to use less power per channel while still getting decent power delivery to the sub. Once you try using just two channels, you drop power in half which will result in very underwhelming performance.​
Given the Jeep dealer's statement that my warantee would be at risk if I add amps, my plan now is to leave the stock amp and sub for now and swap the stock Alpine front and overhead speakers for those realtively low power Focals (ps 165 fse 4 ohm / 60 watts RMS max) and hope the stock amp can drive them sufficiently.

Thanks again,
Lars
lars how did this work out for you?
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
what's your set up?? alpine or basic?
My Comanche was all Alpine in 87.
My JT is the Alpine "premium sound". (they have since made that standard for Overland)