Sponsored

Spacer lift qiestion

Deleted member 24880

If bump stops are a concern you can add hockey pucks to the base of the spring and they will act as a shock extender for little cost and almost no work to install. a hockey puck or two on each side and some basic lowes hardware.
I did see that on a different thread after my post. Pretty slick idea and cheap AF.
Sponsored

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I actually added a 1/4 in spacer to the front, above the IRO spacer. Ill probably remove them for towing but who knows. As it stands now I still have a rake, just not as drastic as stock.

Ive had this setup for more than 15k miles and not a single issue, in case anyone jumps in and screams its a bad idea. Its only 1/4in so it didn't change my shock travel all that much after installing the IRO extension brackets.

2020-07-12_11-49-20_825.jpeg
Youā€™ll get no scream out of me Matthew! I get enough of that from my wife to know what it feels like. šŸ¤šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I actually added a 1/4 in spacer to the front, above the IRO spacer. Ill probably remove them for towing but who knows. As it stands now I still have a rake, just not as drastic as stock.

Ive had this setup for more than 15k miles and not a single issue, in case anyone jumps in and screams its a bad idea. Its only 1/4in so it didn't change my shock travel all that much after installing the IRO extension brackets.

2020-07-12_11-49-20_825.jpeg
Just a simple question Mathew. Since Bryan and I do not have Rubicons, couldnā€™t we replace front sport (or S) springs with Rubicon springs due to the increased length of one inch to achieve more level rake?

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
What did you do on your rear links? It may not matter to me if I get the extended links on a Hellwig bar, but I'm interested in your recipe.

couldn't hurt, if nothing else to recenter the front..though it wont be off that much.

I cant remember If if said it here or not but grab a set of REAR sway bar ends and put them on the front to correct the front sway bar angle after your lift. Makes the truck feel like stock with the new ride height.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Just a simple question Mathew. Since Bryan and I do not have Rubicons, couldnā€™t we replace front sport (or S) springs with Rubicon springs due to the increased length of one inch to achieve more level rake?
I have a max tow. I just learned years ago that a lot of folks spend their money on rubicons and then sell all the goodies when they replace them. So I snatch up the parts I want for way less than buying from the factory!

yes you could do that and from what I've read most gain an inch or so by doing it. Personally, I just stayed with the spacers because for the longest time there were so many different part numbers for the front rubi springs it sorta made my head spin. Also I didn't want to mess with the actual springs since I am towing a travel trailer. (I'm aware that the front springs don't matter when towing, just didn't want to change any of them..call me neurotic.)

Also, a little rake is good. It helps maintain the aerodynamics of the JT and keeps your MPG closer to stock...just ask folks who go 3-4+ inches of lift and added crazy front bumpers...MPG goes bye bye.

And helps it not looking like a squating dog when you have a heavy load in the bed...it is a truck after all!

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
What did you do on your rear links? It may not matter to me if I get the extended links on a Hellwig bar, but I'm interested in your recipe.
Rear links I left alone. I haven't noticed any change in the body roll or seat feel with the rear sway bar angle lower than stock after my lift. I do intend to get extended ones, as well as a rear track bar, just haven't yet.

Binfordtools

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Willys
Occupation
Automotive Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Most of these aftermarket companies seem to have their own recipe for a spacer lift. it's nearly impossible to know who is correct. For example; the AEV 2" spacer lift uses poly spacers, and it includes swaybar links and even shims for the carrier-bearing. Then the Iron-Rock kit is steel spacers, no swaybar links, no carrier-bearing shims. So who is right? Both use shock extensions, neither have any correction for steering (which at 2" would only be slightly off anyway). The AEV is more expensive but more inclusive. Do I spend more to get more, or are the AEV extra components unnecessary? For a novice, it's a sea of unknowns!

OP
OP
Ckornoski

Ckornoski

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator(ordered), 2013 Jeep JK
Occupation
Restaurant manager
Update after a few weeks of having the spacers installed, ride hasn't changed, looks much better imo, hardest part was getting the steering wheel back to 100% center. Just scored a set of rubicon fox stocks with 0 miles for under $100, guy bought the truck and had the dealer install the mopar lift right off the lot so score for my JT!

Going to add the 3/4 spacer in the rear in the coming weeks when I add the new shocks, just want to add a little rack back for towing and payload in the rear with our gear.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Update after a few weeks of having the spacers installed, ride hasn't changed, looks much better imo, hardest part was getting the steering wheel back to 100% center. Just scored a set of rubicon fox stocks with 0 miles for under $100, guy bought the truck and had the dealer install the mopar lift right off the lot so score for my JT!

Going to add the 3/4 spacer in the rear in the coming weeks when I add the new shocks, just want to add a little rack back for towing and payload in the rear with our gear.
iā€™m waiting on these to come in but Iā€™m thinking they will work for keeping the truck level without having to add rake after a lift

https://www.autoanything.com/suspen...dad3cdeb4fa6e3f82cf&utm_term=4580840325735336
Sponsored