Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
This is pretty cool,not cheap

8BE1E99A-6BD3-46D1-B354-AF197EF64B87.jpeg
This is interesting...AND it's taking me back to my early 90s car stereo installation fun...so you could throw 4 8"s in this...of any brand (depending on magnet depth)...although the gotcha here is...custom wiring most likely and an amp...that's way too much speaker output to run off a stock Jeep deck.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lucifer

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
This answers the original question about what to use in the sound bar:
I did those, they sound great, but finding the exact drop-in's for the 4 inch speakers became impossible due to the screw patter of the OEM speakers. They only have 3 spots to secure the speaker. All other speakers i have looked at have 4. So i had to improvise and screw into the plastic. It wasn't hard, but now things sound more even and louder. I've thought about replacing the subwoofer, but you have to remove the rear seats to get to it. Still not sure how to remove the plastic covering for the subwoofer, i have yet to see a video on you tube for it.. Plus i'm not thrilled about removing the other two speakers by my knees, the video's show it being a lot of work.

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
I think it just sucks that i have to upgrade the upgraded system
My understanding is that the "upgrade" is just an added amp and subwoofer. The speakers are all the same no matter what trim level.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lucifer

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
My understanding is that the "upgrade" is just an added amp and subwoofer. The speakers are all the same no matter what trim level.
I didn't look to see what size it is in the specs. I don't want to add an amp, that's more wiring i don't want to do. The reason i changed the dash speakers and the sound bars speakers is because the OEM's don't have tweeters, meaning no high end. They were all mid to low end. But they sound much better now.

Smittie

First Name
Smittie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
smittie.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2019 Jeep Renegade
Occupation
Technology Consultant in Agriculture
I have the alpine 550 dollar speakers and it’s been one of the best upgrades I’ve made thus far. they sound 10x better than stock and cutting the plastic was super easy with a 15 dollar cheapo Amazon air saw. if I’m spending 60k for a car I’m not going to cheap out on accessories.
I'm interested in your experience here. I'm looking at the Alpine replacements for the rollbar and a pair of Infinity Reference REF-3032cfx to replace what's in the topside dash.

Smittie
(the new comer with a 2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys with lots of mods coming)

Unkiebunk045

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Medical Sales
I did those, they sound great, but finding the exact drop-in's for the 4 inch speakers became impossible due to the screw patter of the OEM speakers. They only have 3 spots to secure the speaker. All other speakers i have looked at have 4. So i had to improvise and screw into the plastic. It wasn't hard, but now things sound more even and louder. I've thought about replacing the subwoofer, but you have to remove the rear seats to get to it. Still not sure how to remove the plastic covering for the subwoofer, i have yet to see a video on you tube for it.. Plus i'm not thrilled about removing the other two speakers by my knees, the video's show it being a lot of work.

what 4” speakers did you end up using?

OP
OP
Lucifer

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Kicker46csc44 four inch two way. sounds great. i screwed the other 3 tabs into the plastic. bought them from crutchfield along with the correct wiring harness

Smittie

First Name
Smittie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
smittie.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2019 Jeep Renegade
Occupation
Technology Consultant in Agriculture
I ordered these from Quadratec.

If you don't mind mismatched components and cutting some plastic...

Based on yours and other comments I am planning to install the Alpine SPV-65 JLT and replace the 3 1/2 inch speakers in the corner of the dash. I looked at also replace the speakers at knee level in the dash but that involves way more effort than I am willing to spend.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lucifer

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Based on yours and other comments I am planning to install the Alpine SPV-65 JLT and replace the 3 1/2 inch speakers in the corner of the dash. I looked at also replace the speakers at knee level in the dash but that involves way more effort than I am willing to spend.
it does involve a lot more work, but they also provide enough bass response already as does the subwoofer behind the rear seats. it's the other 3 1/2 inch and 4 inch speakers that need to be replaced as none of them have tweeters for high end clarity[/QUOTE]

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I got kind of confused when they went over the polarity stuff with that gadget they were using. What if we dont have one of those?

OP
OP
Lucifer

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I got kind of confused when they went over the polarity stuff with that gadget they were using. What if we dont have one of those?
it really didn't matter, they were just checking to see how much signal was getting to each speaker.. just put in speakers that are either 4 or 6 ohms. i put in 4 ohm speakers and they rock

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
it really didn't matter, they were just checking to see how much signal was getting to each speaker.. just put in speakers that are either 4 or 6 ohms. i put in 4 ohm speakers and they rock
I thought they were checking to see which was the true positive and negative ? Isnt that the whole point of polarity?

OP
OP
Lucifer

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I thought they were checking to see which was the true positive and negative ? Isnt that the whole point of polarity?
Yeah, but what does it matter if you're just putting different speakers in. It would make a difference if you're splicing wires. but if you're using direct wiring harness's, then you don't need to make it any more complicated
Sponsored