Speaker swap

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I just replaced the 3 1/2 inch speakers in the dash and the sound bar with some Kenwood 50 watt kfc's. Even though i have the 8.4 screen with the upgraded sound system, the speakers are only 15 watts The Kenwood's are a direct fit giving the system some high end quality since the other speakers don't have any tweeters. Now I'm looking to replace the 3 inch ones in the sound bar. Does anyone have any suggestion of ones that will be a direct fit. All that i have seen so far are not the correct screw patters. Also wanting to know if anyone has replaced the subwoofer speakers. How did you get the OEM speaker out and the new one in?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Have you checked the Crutchfield site to see what they offer for the Gladiator?

There are several speaker upgrade threads here. I ordered new dash speakers after reading some of them.

Gatoriator

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Max Tow, 2006 Suzuki GSXR1000
I have the standard sound system and I replaced the upper dash and 3" soundbar speakers with kicker 77kick25ab. They were direct fit plug n play. There was a very noticeable difference for the better.

Sorry just re-read your post and I dont think my response helped. Although I thought the top dash had 3" and the soundbar had 1- 3" and 1- 4" on each side. Could be wrong.

OP
OP
Lucifer

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
The dash speakers are 3 1/2 inch speakers, as well there are two in the sound bar. But there are also two 3 inch speakers in the sound bar. I can find plenty of speakers but i need the correct 3 screw pattern to secure. I could rig others, but don't want to screw into a different spot in the plastic. Also the plug and play part is not an issue since i can get the adapting wiring harness

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lucifer

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Have you checked the Crutchfield site to see what they offer for the Gladiator?

There are several speaker upgrade threads here. I ordered new dash speakers after reading some of them.
Yeah, that's where i got the 3 1/2 inch dash and sound bar speakers. I even called them and they said they didn't have any 4 inch speakers there that would fit the screw pattern. Those 77kick25ab's would fit, i would have to screw into the plastic though and probably put polly fill in the deaden the gap

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lucifer

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
i just replaced the 3 1/2 inch speakers, i don't want to do the cutting and replacing with the 6 1/2 inch speakers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lucifer

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
The speakers i'm looking to replace are the 4 inch speakers in the sound bar, And looking to replace the subwoofer. Not sure what size the subwoofer is yet.

OP
OP
Lucifer

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
My thoughts exactly. I didn't want to do this either, especially for the cost.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lucifer

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
It's your money, but i know i wouldn't pay for that. Seems alpine got you twice. of course they would come out with their own more expensive replacement upgrade. Marketing!

athous

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
It's your money, but i know i wouldn't pay for that. Seems alpine got you twice. of course they would come out with their own more expensive replacement upgrade. Marketing!
I have the alpine 550 dollar speakers and it’s been one of the best upgrades I’ve made thus far. they sound 10x better than stock and cutting the plastic was super easy with a 15 dollar cheapo Amazon air saw. if I’m spending 60k for a car I’m not going to cheap out on accessories.

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
There are better quality speaker on the market then kicker and alpine.. If Im looking to do this, I'm going Focal and JL audio
Sponsored

Last edited: