kdfhuey

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So as I was deciding which 5.13 pinion gears I was going to go with, Yukon or Dana, I was looking on Dana’s website and came upon the name AdvanTEK as an option for our Gladiators. From what I’ve found so far this was an improvement made by Dana on the Dana 44 axles (and others) where they reduced the size of the ring gear but made it just as strong as the bigger ring gear.

I was trying tofigure out ifI needed to order the normal size Dana 44 gear set or the AdvanTEK set. After a while the person at Dana said the AdvanTEK was the way to go.
Anyone have anymore knowledge on this newer ring and pinion set? Sounds like all the gladiators now have these smaller rings?
Sponsored

ColoFreeJeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys, 2005 Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Someone please correct me if I’m wrong but all Gladiator axles are AdvanTEK. They do not share any internal components, even the covers are different, with the traditional D44.

OP
OP
kdfhuey

kdfhuey

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Someone please correct me if I’m wrong but all Gladiator axles are AdvanTEK. They do not share any internal components, even the covers are different, with the traditional D44.
Just to give you guys a clue if you call Dana about the difference their “technicians” weren’t the most up to date on things or aware of the difference of their own products. I wound up ordering the advantek 5.13 gears from them so hopefully it will all fit ok.

Last edited:

RLOW

First Name
Arlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator willys sport
Occupation
US ARMY
Just to give you guys a clue if you call Dana about the difference their “technicians” weren’t the most up to date on things or aware of the difference of their own products. I wound up ordering the advantek 5.13 gears from them so hopefully it will all fit ok.
So... Did they fit?

RLOW

First Name
Arlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator willys sport
Occupation
US ARMY
Ordering the same set.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kdfhuey

kdfhuey

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So... Did they fit?
Yup fit perfectly and honestly the truck gets better fuel mileage with 5.13 than they did with smaller tires and 4.10

Bullycon

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Occupation
K9
I got Yukon’s and the also work great
Sponsored