Sponsored

Why Is FAD Capability Lost with JPP 'Ultimate Dana 44 Advantek' Crate Axle Assembly?

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I have read that going in/out of 2WD/4WD is so much quicker and smoother without the FAD mess. I test drove tow 2021 JTDR's at my dealer recently, and I had to pull on the 2WD/4WD lever like a son-of-a-bitch whilst driving like 10mph to get it to engae and disengage from 2WD/4WD. Same thing happened with 2 different JT's.
That gets much easier once you use it a few times. The first few times, it's VERY difficult to shift, especially 4 low. But something breaks in, and it gets smooth as butter.

OP
OP

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
You can probably sell your Rubicon axles for $2,500 each, they have 4.10 and e-lockers. Problem is the new axle is $4,900 without labor. It's easier labor than gears, but labor. Call it $6,000 with taxes and labor. If your warranty is worth $3,500 go with the new axle but it's going to have no FAD and IDK what the dealer will even do with that then. Dealer installed FAD delete probably doesn't exist.
The problem is I already ordered the front axle, and I assume it is not returnable, but I suppose I could be wrong.

OP
OP

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Oh well then I guess you don't have much a choice!

How is the dealer going to handle no FAD?
I doubt he's even aware or thought about no FAD, but why would not having FAD cause a dealer any sort of warranty issues?

Sponsored

OP
OP

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
You can probably sell your Rubicon axles for $2,500 each, they have 4.10 and e-lockers. Problem is the new axle is $4,900 without labor. It's easier labor than gears, but labor. Call it $6,000 with taxes and labor. If your warranty is worth $3,500 go with the new axle but it's going to have no FAD and IDK what the dealer will even do with that then. Dealer installed FAD delete probably doesn't exist.
Is there a Mopar part number for a complete AdvanTEK/Dana 44 Ultra Rubicon rear axle with 488? If I could go this route, whilst it would definitely be very pricey, I could be assured the entire rear end would be done correctly at the factory, juxtaposed to dealer re-gear. Albeit, I suppose there are (big?) things that could also get messed up in a complete axle changeout?

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I doubt he's even aware or thought about no FAD, but why would not having FAD cause a dealer any sort of warranty issues?
Not warranty issues, but it's likely to throw a code without reprogramming. I don't know if Jeep dealer is allowed to bypass FAD. They may be, I really don't know. But need to ask and make sure.

OP
OP

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Not warranty issues, but it's likely to throw a code without reprogramming. I don't know if Jeep dealer is allowed to bypass FAD. They may be, I really don't know. But need to ask and make sure.
Great point! But, I'm thinking it should be OK, since this crate axle is sold as a JPP Mopar system, and it's in their JPP catalog. Would seem strange if that JPP part would throw codes, etc., but sure as heck, I am definitely going to ask!

Do you have any idea if a JPP Advantek crate axle is available for the JT Rubi rear, with 488 gears? I cannot find one, only with the 410. Factory JTDR strictly has 373 rear end avaialble from facotry (with lockers, of course), but 37's will be so mch sweeter with 488's.
Sponsored