Sponsored

Spidershade questions

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
Looked on their site and they have very few photos so I'd thought I'd asK:

- is it required to remove the front windshield to do the install? What if I just wanted to remove the shades for a day? Do I have to remove the windshield to do that? or is it just for the initial install process?

- I'm trying to decide between the JT model and the JTKINI model. I'm very likely only going to use the front section most of the time, but it seems the full model would cover all possibilities so is there any reason why I shouldn't just get the full model other than price?

- Is it easy to undo it temporarily to let the sun in? would it just flap around inside the cabin?
Sponsored

flyerness

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Looked on their site and they have very few photos so I'd thought I'd asK:

- is it required to remove the front windshield to do the install? What if I just wanted to remove the shades for a day? Do I have to remove the windshield to do that? or is it just for the initial install process?

- I'm trying to decide between the JT model and the JTKINI model. I'm very likely only going to use the front section most of the time, but it seems the full model would cover all possibilities so is there any reason why I shouldn't just get the full model other than price?

- Is it easy to undo it temporarily to let the sun in? would it just flap around inside the cabin?
Sorry trez, I might be late to the game, but I got a spiderwebshade and love it. My first weekend w/ my Gladiator, I took everything off and tooled around....and got sunburnt (I'm pretty white). The shade was my first upgrade. You do have to loosen the windshield mounts to strap it in correctly.

It does a great job of shading the cab, cuts wind and noise, and even minimizes rain getting into the cab. I have the full to cover the back seats, even though I don't use them much. Figured I'd be nice to my riders.

I haven't "undone" them yet, but it would require loosening the windshield for full removal. I think you could undo the straps for all but the windshield mounts, and maybe roll down and use bungee strap the screen, but best option is to probably loosen the windshield....not too difficult.

flyerness

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Sorry trez, I might be late to the game, but I got a spiderwebshade and love it. My first weekend w/ my Gladiator, I took everything off and tooled around....and got sunburnt (I'm pretty white). The shade was my first upgrade. You do have to loosen the windshield mounts to strap it in correctly.

It does a great job of shading the cab, cuts wind and noise, and even minimizes rain getting into the cab. I have the full to cover the back seats, even though I don't use them much. Figured I'd be nice to my riders.

I haven't "undone" them yet, but it would require loosening the windshield for full removal. I think you could undo the straps for all but the windshield mounts, and maybe roll down and use bungee strap the screen, but best option is to probably loosen the windshield....not too difficult.
...and, the nice thing about them is you can put the hardtop directly over the sunshade without having to remove it. I plan on just having the sunshade on permanently.

Deleted member 24880

I agree with what flyerness said. Love my spider shade. You won’t want to take it on and off like you think you might. Just from experience.
Sponsored