Sponsored

Spidertrax wheel spacer install question

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
I’m looking at getting a set of Spidertrax wheel spacers, but was watching the install video for the Quadratec G2 spacers and they review snipping off some retaining clip rings from the lug studs.

The video was using a Wrangler—anyone know offhand if we have those retaining clips on our Gladiators?
Sponsored

RedRaptorJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Launch Edition
Those rings are only on the JKs. The JL & JT doesn't have those so you don't need to worry about them. Been looking to get a set of Spidertrax as well since my 37" K02s mounted on stock LE wheels rub my LCA at full lock.

OP
OP
Delhux

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those rings are only on the JKs. The JL & JT doesn't have those so you don't need to worry about them. Been looking to get a set of Spidertrax as well since my 37" K02s mounted on stock LE wheels rub my LCA at full lock.
Yeah, I’m not excited about getting spacers—I had 35’s on my Overland rims with no rubbing at all, but after adding in the Mopar 2” lift, mine rub the LCA’s at full lock.

I don’t do too much work under my truck, so I think I might just have a local shop put them on, rather than invest in new jack stands and taller floor jack.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Yeah, I’m not excited about getting spacers—I had 35’s on my Overland rims with no rubbing at all, but after adding in the Mopar 2” lift, mine rub the LCA’s at full lock.

I don’t do too much work under my truck, so I think I might just have a local shop put them on, rather than invest in new jack stands and taller floor jack.
If it wasn't rubbing before, and now it is, the fix is probably a track bar to recenter the axle. I'm guessing it only rubs on one side? Wheel spacers will technically work, but it's not really addressing the root cause.

OP
OP
Delhux

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it wasn't rubbing before, and now it is, the fix is probably a track bar to recenter the axle. I'm guessing it only rubs on one side? Wheel spacers will technically work, but it's not really addressing the root cause.
I had them put on a Teraflex trackbar at the same time and both sides rub on full turn.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link

Invest!
Sponsored