Sponsored

Sport and 6 speed manual transmission models built yet?

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Anyone know if any base Sport models have been built and shipped/delivered to dealerships?

Wondering the same thing about the 6 speed manual transmissions.

Have seen pictures and videos of lots of Rubicon and Overland models to USA dealerships and a few videos of Sport S models to Canadian dealerships. But have not seen any 6 speed manual transmission trucks and not any base Sport models. Perhaps I may have missed these. Anyone else seen these elusive trucks? Or do we think that Jeep just wants to crank out the higher dollar trucks for now?
Sponsored

o||||||o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Patriot
From what I've seen locally, there are some Sport S models shipping to dealers, but no base Sports. All of the Sport S's appear to be equipped with automatic transmission. Wondering if manual trannys will just be a special-order item, or if dealers will actually get some trucks with them in stock so we can try them out before buying? A manual tranny and hand-crank manual windows are two big reasons I want the bare bones Sport! The only options I plan on getting will be a hard top, and deep tint sunscreen windows. No fancy bells and whistles for me, I just want a basic utilitarian truck. :jk:

Last edited:

megamucho

First Name
mega
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Durango R/T, '18 BMW R1200GS
I used the Inventory Search from Jeep.com and there are several Sport/Sport S trucks inbound to my area, but there are NO trucks in any trim with the 6MT.

There’s a separate thread going to track MT orders as well. We all seem to be stuck in D status. :\

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I used the Inventory Search from Jeep.com and there are several Sport/Sport S trucks inbound to my area, but there are NO trucks in any trim with the 6MT.

There’s a separate thread going to track MT orders as well. We all seem to be stuck in D status. :\
Do you know how one can find the base Sport models that are in transit on a Jeep website? Love to know so I could look them up to see how they are equipped, priced and to see how they look(if that’s possible). Thanks

megamucho

First Name
mega
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Durango R/T, '18 BMW R1200GS
Do you know how one can find the base Sport models that are in transit on a Jeep website? Love to know so I could look them up to see how they are equipped, priced and to see how they look(if that’s possible). Thanks
I just used the inventory tool on jeep.com, and cleared all filters except for manual transmission. The limiting aspect of that search is that it's only good for a 150 mile radius from your "location". One could pump different zips in there to check regionally if desired.

Joe333x

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 6sp
From what I've seen locally, there are some Sport S models shipping to dealers, but no base Sports. All of the Sport S's appear to be equipped with automatic transmission. Wondering if manual trannys will just be a special-order item, or if dealers will actually get some trucks with them in stock so we can try them out before buying? A manual tranny and hand-crank manual windows are two big reasons I want the bare bones Sport! The only options I plan on getting will be a hard top, and deep tint sunscreen windows. No fancy bells and whistles for me, I just want a basic utilitarian truck. :jk:
I may do the same, minus window tint, cheaper to just get that from a tint place since then you can get the fronts tinted too.
Sponsored