Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
  • Banned
Apparently the 2020 JL Wrangler is getting the option for LED lighting on Sport models. I know that's something a lot of you guys wanted, so perhaps later in the model year it could happen for Gladiator.

2020_Wrangler_July_order_Guide_page_3.jpg
Sponsored

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
It's already an option for the sport s correct?

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Apparently the 2020 JL Wrangler is getting the option for LED lighting on Sport models. I know that's something a lot of you guys wanted, so perhaps later in the model year it could happen for Gladiator.
It sucks that the only way you can get any led is if you get the safety option and you can get the back tail light LEDs. I hope it happens

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Nope only an option on overland and Rubicon but you can get a safety package on sport s to get led taillights
This is correct. The Overland and Rubicon models can be optioned with the Premium LED Lighting Group where the Sport S can only receive LED taillights through the Jeep Active Safety Group. Worth noting, the Jeep Active Safety Group is not available on the base Sport. I think the LED group not being made available on the Sport S was an oversight, and likely deliberate to get people to step up to a higher tier vehicle. I really hope it happens for us looking to get a Sport S.

Sponsored

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't you just install LED lights in the sport s from the parts department?

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Wiring bundle issue?

Also, the max tow comes with daytime running lights IIRC, a cool in between...

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
How about those bulbs...just pop in leds?
One would think so for bulb only... I read someone better informed who pointed out the probs. Something about the ring light, the fuse, etc. Messing with the tolerances scares me because the computer doesn't like. My 2 cents. @ACAD_Cowboy ... Any help on this?

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
You could, but, it would be excessively expensive to go that route. The factory option is already over-priced at $1,000 bucks (insanity). And, there are changes to the BCM that allow the LED lights to work properly through the CAN-BUS wiring. So retrofitting LEDs later doesn't always go smoothly.

When I installed LED bulbs into my fog lamps on my JL Wrangler I had zero issues, but for some reason when I put the same bulbs in my JT Gladiator it didn't play well with them. Thankfully I have the Tazer programmer and I went in and selected "LED" for the fog lights and they've worked perfectly ever since. My theory is that the BCM can modulate how it sends power to the lights to control flickering and make them work smoothly since the amp and current draw is so different with LEDs.

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting....I guess the I will have to go with the aftermarket set but I have some pretty talented hot rod electrical friends...I'll figure this out....can't have a light bar with these old yellow lights...
Sponsored