Sport S with 5” display

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
The Alpine system has GPS navigation which is something that I want. Will look into Kenwood and Pioneer. Thanks for that suggestion. Am also going to look at the small GPS systems that Best Buy sells. I believe I could easily mount a GPS holder to the drivers side grab handle and would just pull it out of the glove box and use it when needed. Would help to beat the steep price of the Alpine system.

You do have to get the Shallow units but alpine, kenwood and pioneer all have one that I think will fit... that alpine is really cool because it has the ability to add controls such as light controls and wench controls and it can read ODB your engine
Sponsored

Sallaman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
The Alpine system has GPS navigation which is something that I want. Will look into Kenwood and Pioneer. Thanks for that suggestion. Am also going to look at the small GPS systems that Best Buy sells. I believe I could easily mount a GPS holder to the drivers side grab handle and would just pull it out of the glove box and use it when needed. Would help to beat the steep price of the Alpine system.
Yeah, I agree, I like having a GPS that doesn't rely on a cell signal but I don't worry about it as much in my stereo unit because they make really nice window mounted ones that are up higher and more in my view... Magellan makes one that has trail maps also which interest me because I get lost... alot

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The thing that tipped me over the edge was that the 7" display (called the Technology Package on the JL, not sure why they didn't call it that on JT) also gets you the nicer dash display, automatic climate control, air filtration, nicer backup cam view, and if you ever upgrade the screen in the future you still have the same options for volume/tuning controls. It's not like upgrading a 5" where you lose knobs.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
The thing that tipped me over the edge was that the 7" display (called the Technology Package on the JL, not sure why they didn't call it that on JT) also gets you the nicer dash display, automatic climate control, air filtration, nicer backup cam view, and if you ever upgrade the screen in the future you still have the same options for volume/tuning controls. It's not like upgrading a 5" where you lose knobs.
I think with the 5" screen you can also just buy the automatic climate control panel (which includes the volume knob) but it's a few hundred dollars

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Sport, 2015 NIssan Frontier SV crew cab VTP 4x4, 1996 Chevy S10 excab sportside 4.3 5spd
Occupation
F*rd parts guy
I use an Amazon purchased $60 satellite based 7" GPS with all the Forest Service roads on it and free upgrades for as long as it lasts, so once again, no need to plug or connect my phone to the JT.
Off topic, but can I get more info on your GPS? Or do you have a link to the one you purchased?
Thanks.
Sponsored