Sponsored

Spotted 2020 Gladiators for Fast & Furious 9: Hobbs & Shaw (2019)!

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
So I didnt take a picture from the top, but from what I saw , the hitch is the same on both trucks, just the one up high has the hitch part off, but it mounts with 2 bolts. These trucks are in the movie set parking lot and it looked like they are packing up today, so not sure if i will be able to get more pictures. I did take a video, i will post it tonight... side note, the gladiator wheelbase is a foot longer then a Tacoma double cab..
Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
God I miss Kaui. When i rented my jeep there the rental company circled all the off road places said tear it up... you cant return the car in any worse condition that it already is. She was right. Tore it up and not a cent in damages. Best honeymoon ever! Made it all the way back passed the Jurassic Park Sign to the Blue Hole with the the Jeep. The locals were amazed we made it all the way back there.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
91C2CC4B-AE84-408C-B6C5-C1DD15D77219.jpeg
AE04CA59-EF78-432E-BBFA-7354A818020A.png
Hey Wizzard005 thanks much for the great pictures. From looking closely I can see that the front Gladiator does not have a trailer hitch on it like the other one does. It’s the first time that I have ever seen a Gladiator without a trailer hitch on it. Did you by chance take any pictures of the top of the bumper of the Gladiator in the front? Love to see that, would show the area where the license tag would go. I am wondering if you could drop a hitch bolt through the bumper. And I do see a round hole under the bumper where a hitch ball could be bolted through that hole. So please post a picture of the top of the rear bumper of the front truck if you got one.

For everyone’s info it looks like the trailer hitch is bolted on with just two bolts as you can see in the picture I attached. I just zoomed in on one of Wizzard005’s pictures. It may also have a third bolt on the back part of the hitch, can’t see that area too well.

I can’t help but wonder if this is what Jeep considers to be their standard class II hitch or if it’s their class IV hitch or it could have just been a hitch slapped on there for looks for the movie.
I think that is their Class II... Seeing as the Wrangler class II is attached by 4 bolts. I would imagination that class 4 would have many more contact points.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I just looked at a video with Mark Allen being interviewed and they did show some under the bumper video of a Gladiator(may have been from the L A show) and to me it looked like the exact same hitch, looked like it was only bolted with one bolt on each side. And in looking at Wizzard005’s picture without zooming in it looks like there may be a third bolt in the back on the hitch, looked shiney a tad, again not totally certain. Either way is ok with me though. A class II hitch is all I need for my kayak trailer.

Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Is that wheel and axle already rusted? It looks more than just dirt.
Kaui is full of red dirt because of its mineral content. Looks like rust.

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Bruh's from the islands - way to deliver. Best pics yet. Thank you.

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
hey guys, I uploaded the 4min video, walk around, look under, see if it was / is longer than a tacoma if you think its helpful, please like the video helps my channel; :)