First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Well had this issue for a month now. Jeep starts fine but when I start up I get the start/stop not working battery charging message. My Gladiator is a 3.0 and 21k miles. Took it into the dealership and they are telling me both batteries are bad. Sure they will replace under warranty but still 2.5 years and both batteries are bad?
Sponsored

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
they are hit and miss batteries by the cheapest manufacturer FCA could find. 2.5 years of use is par for the course if not exceeding expectations. Most swap out for a name brand version of both batteries when outside of warranty and live happily ever after.

OP
OP
legend007

legend007

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
they are hit and miss batteries by the cheapest manufacturer FCA could find. 2.5 years of use is par for the course if not exceeding expectations. Most swap out for a name brand version of both batteries when outside of warranty and live happily ever after.
Thatā€™s what Iā€™ll do when these go. Thanks

Readyt

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rimtyme.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Franchise Business Consultant
Mine went out at about the same time and now two years later itā€™s happening again. I travel weekly and the JT sets at the airport for three days. Took it to the dealership and they said the batteries were severely discharged (no s#!+) but they charged them and it worked. They blame it on the airport time and my RSE power steps. I have put vehicles in the garage for months with no issues. 5 more days and the batteries are out of warranty. Figure thats what they are going for.

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I guess I'm just puzzled how you could be a member of this forum since June of '21, and missed all the threads & posts about the batteries?šŸ¤”