Jim1119

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Overland
Hi everyone,

New member and first-time Jeep owner here. Please forgive the ignorance as I learn what I am doing. I recently traded in my 2013 F250 for a Gladiator Overland.

Jeep Gladiator Starting the Mod Journey IMG_5321.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Starting the Mod Journey IMG_5349

I've started a list of mods that I would like to do over the next 12 months or so, and I've started with a cheap grille. I just pre-ordered this so it won't be here until the end of May.

Jeep Gladiator Starting the Mod Journey 1587309880828

Next on my list of mods are:

1. Front bumper
2. Lift kit
3. Wheels and tires
4. Overland bed rack
5. Rear bumper

I'll make a separate post about the front bumpers I'm considering and let you all critique and recommend.

Thanks for welcoming me aboard!

Jim
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the obsession!!!!

UseThe4orce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Welcome!!
I had a Wrangler prior to getting the Gladiator. Ive not seen that grill yet, looks like a knights helmet
Definitely Recommend doing a lift and a wheels/tires package.
Just have fun making it your dream Jeep.

OP
OP
Jim1119

Jim1119

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome!!
I had a Wrangler prior to getting the Gladiator. Ive not seen that grill yet, looks like a knights helmet
Definitely Recommend doing a lift and a wheels/tires package.
Just have fun making it your dream Jeep.
Thanks! It's supposed to look like a hawk.

https://amoffroad.com/products/jeep-wrangler-jl-hawke-grille-matte-black?_pos=8&_sid=6866532d8&_ss=r

I'm starting off cheap and doing my research on tires. I really want to do 37s but still working on it.

Sponsored

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome- Nice to meet another Overland- we are definitely in the minority here. I've had mine for 2 weeks and just did the rim's, 2.5 lift/level, (Spings & Shocks) and the whole LED light package on the front end- adding a sub and Tonneau this week.

OP
OP
Jim1119

Jim1119

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome- Nice to meet another Overland- we are definitely in the minority here. I've had mine for 2 weeks and just did the rim's, 2.5 lift/level, (Spings & Shocks) and the whole LED light package on the front end- adding a sub and Tonneau this week.
Nice. What size tires did you go with?
I’m planning to do lift, tires, bumpers and overland rack.

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. What size tires did you go with?
I’m planning to do lift, tires, bumpers and overland rack.
The lift is a Rough Country 2.5 Front Coils and Shocks, Did it myself- never did anything like that before- followed the youtube videos and it was surprisingly easy, took about 3 hours. $259 bucks,

The Rims are Trail Master 17x9 with ProComp 35x12.5 MTs, $1560 rims, tires, mounted and balanced at 4wheel (bought online sale). I picked up a set of 4 TMPS monitors on Amazon for 50 Bucks, so we didn't have to dismount and remount.

I ended up getting 500 for the Takeoffs, which is not bad considering how many there are on the market here.

Most frustrating thing is the lack of soft tops- you have factory and that is it.

OP
OP
Jim1119

Jim1119

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The lift is a Rough Country 2.5 Front Coils and Shocks, Did it myself- never did anything like that before- followed the youtube videos and it was surprisingly easy, took about 3 hours. $259 bucks,

The Rims are Trail Master 17x9 with ProComp 35x12.5 MTs, $1560 rims, tires, mounted and balanced at 4wheel (bought online sale). I picked up a set of 4 TMPS monitors on Amazon for 50 Bucks, so we didn't have to dismount and remount.

I ended up getting 500 for the Takeoffs, which is not bad considering how many there are on the market here.

Most frustrating thing is the lack of soft tops- you have factory and that is it.
Nice. I'm really wanting to do 37" tires. I was planning on doing the lift myself too, and like you I've never done anything like that. Kinda excited.
Sponsored