First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Figure my Jeep is half way between Kansas City and Denver. Looked at the rail mileage and the average speed of a freight train. Compared that to the delivery date and departure date I was given.

Yeah. I'm anxious to get it......
Sponsored

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Not specifically a Sting Gray topic - but has anyone with the 2" lift experienced issues with highway driving? I am a 5 time Wrangler owner and I am used to getting blown around but I was a bit surprised how all over the place I was the other day with a little wind. It was pretty hellacious. Was thinking it might be a tire pressure issue (the dealer had my Nittos at 37 PSI) and I normally run them closer to 30. I made the adjustment but it doesn't seem much better.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Not specifically a Sting Gray topic - but has anyone with the 2" lift experienced issues with highway driving? I am a 5 time Wrangler owner and I am used to getting blown around but I was a bit surprised how all over the place I was the other day with a little wind. It was pretty hellacious. Was thinking it might be a tire pressure issue (the dealer had my Nittos at 37 PSI) and I normally run them closer to 30. I made the adjustment but it doesn't seem much better.
i generally run 27 to 28 on big tires. By the time they heat up you are back into the 35 range at your current psi

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
i generally run 27 to 28 on big tires. By the time they heat up you are back into the 35 range at your current psi
Thanks - yeah I can never get anyone to confirm whats appropriate to run them at. The dealer of course always wants you to go with the door specs - the tire shop doesn't want to tell you anything different......So I have always stayed between 30-33 PSI depending what feels best. I will drop them down a few more PSI and see if that helps.

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
So when I discovered the Gladiator, I was immediately drawn to Sting-Gray. My wife and I had a bunch of discussion on Sting-Gray vs Gator. After seeing the first Gator's roll off the line, we made the decision today to go with Sting-Gray.

I just placed my deposit on a Sting-Gray Rubicon (matching fenders and hard top) with Saddle Brown leather - Thanks to Travis@Tri-City!

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
So when I discovered the Gladiator, I was immediately drawn to Sting-Gray. My wife and I had a bunch of discussion on Sting-Gray vs Gator. After seeing the first Gator's roll off the line, we made the decision today to go with Sting-Gray.

I just placed my deposit on a Sting-Gray Rubicon (matching fenders and hard top) with Saddle Brown leather - Thanks to Travis@Tri-City!
Similar here but I didnt color match. Ill have aftermarket fenders at somepoint. LOVE the saddle against the gray on these.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
there is some math for what the minimum is. BUT

Similar here but I didnt color match. Ill have aftermarket fenders at somepoint. LOVE the saddle against the gray on these.
I have so many pictures of other peoples' Gladiator on my computer it is almost ridiculous. Each picture changes every 60 seconds on each of my three monitors. Now to have to sit back, know the decision has been made, and to just wait for my own....

I am a big fan of the saddle leather. Thanks to all that posted pics of theirs on this forum. It really helped us make a final decision.

Now instead of GLDIG8R, I am going to have to think of a new license plate - GLDGR8R doesn't have the same ring to it.

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
So I called and spoke to Nitto directly - he took the tire size, vehicle make/model and came back at 30 PSI cold. I am going to drop them down to 28 and see what it feels like but good to know we are in the ballpark!

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
So I called and spoke to Nitto directly - he took the tire size, vehicle make/model and came back at 30 PSI cold. I am going to drop them down to 28 and see what it feels like but good to know we are in the ballpark!
Best way to do it is the chaulk test.
Math gets you close but not all the way.

Sponsored

GreenZJ

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR....Jeep #10
Figure my Jeep is half way between Kansas City and Denver. Looked at the rail mileage and the average speed of a freight train. Compared that to the delivery date and departure date I was given.

Yeah. I'm anxious to get it......
I wonder if our Jeeps aren’t on the same train. My SG Rubicon is on a train headed for Colorado. I know it’s supposed to make a stop in Rolla, MO eventually

RyFips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Do these not look like pics pulled off of Google to everyone else?
Haha my photography laughed when he read your comment. You will not find these pics anywhere online as we took them yesterday. We also made a video that looks like a Jeep add but I can’t seem to be able to post it. Here are a couple more....

08F36ECD-1AFE-4675-B310-B486FC494E85.jpeg

67A351E3-55A0-4B5F-B336-240E756A480E.jpeg

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I wonder if our Jeeps aren’t on the same train. My SG Rubicon is on a train headed for Colorado. I know it’s supposed to make a stop in Rolla, MO eventually
What's your railhead destination?

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Haha my photography laughed when he read your comment. You will not find these pics anywhere online as we took them yesterday. We also made a video that looks like a Jeep add but I can’t seem to be able to post it. Here are a couple more....

08F36ECD-1AFE-4675-B310-B486FC494E85.jpeg

67A351E3-55A0-4B5F-B336-240E756A480E.jpeg
Would love to see the video.
Maybe just upload it to YouTube and post the link.
Sponsored