Sting grey owners (future) check in

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Anybody hear when the steel bumper restriction or front cam will be released?
I read today, from someones Jeep Cares escalation that the bumper restriction will likely end at the end of June. Now Jeep is careful in there wording, not to use words like "it will be" instead they use "Estimated". So take that info for what its worth.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
Monday is suppose to be the Job 1 date. That’s the day they start building them correct? Think it will be all pre specs to start or will they start with customer orders?
With the JL they started doing customer orders right away. I know my Sting Gray was the first one delivered in North Carolina and it was a custom order.

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
With the JL they started doing customer orders right away. I know my Sting Gray was the first one delivered in North Carolina and it was a custom order.
Good to know, thanks. But I imagine the sting gray orders are at the bottom of a long list of orders.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know, thanks. But I imagine the sting gray orders are at the bottom of a long list of orders.
I'm afraid of that, too... Then add in hail damage repairs, front trail camera and steel bumper shortages, bedliner issues and my JT should make a nice Christmas present!

Sponsored

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrx, 2005 xterra, 2014 durango, formerly 1998 wrangler
What Bedliner issues. Only issue I am aware of is them making me spend 500 dollars on a bedliner I dont want.

Bt_okst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trd pro
Wtg on steel bumper, cat back exhaust, cold air intake, mopar stitched seats, black grille insert, etc.

Too much money to settle. Guess I wont be ordering for a few more months. Not in a hurry anyways.

Just too many features/extras not available yet. Not settling just because sting gray is available now, I can wait.

Last edited:

MomsJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LJR, JTR, FZJ80, Transit AWD, Ram 2500
Hey all, placed my order for SG Rubicon on the 22nd. Didn’t have the option on the steel bumper. I’m planning on trading in my Sport S JL for this, I have a steel rubicon bumper on it. From everything I have read up on from the seats forward it’s the same. Has anyone tried to put a JL bumper on the JT that you have heard? Does it match up? I hate the wait!

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
What Bedliner issues. Only issue I am aware of is them making me spend 500 dollars on a bedliner I dont want.
There are threads around here somewhere...but essentially people figured out that was the common delay among those that had not yet received their JTs. So, for some reason the Berliner seems to be delaying the delivery.

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
I was finally allowed to put down a deposit and get my order on the books on the 22nd of June. Here in Western Canada, there was no way to add the bluetooth speaker or steel bumper group to my nearly fully loaded order. The boxes were just greyed out no matter how we configured the options. The dealer said it might be able to be added if they change their availability... but could not guarantee anything. Either way I'm stoked for my StingGrey!

Sponsored

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
This morning Jeep chat said I am in D1 and I have been for 3 days now. They didn’t have an estimated build date or anything. She said to contact the dealer because they might have more information.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Here's hoping they have their paint spray guns filled with Sting Gray this morning... Let's get them rolling!!!

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrx, 2005 xterra, 2014 durango, formerly 1998 wrangler
job 1 date!!!!! lets hope we all luck out soon.

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
I was at the beach this weekend and seeing all the wranglers driving around made me really want my gladiator ASAP. Gonna try not to bother Jeep chat more than once every couple of weeks, though.

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
I was at the beach this weekend and seeing all the wranglers driving around made me really want my gladiator ASAP. Gonna try not to bother Jeep chat more than once every couple of weeks, though.
Hahahahaha your being too nice!
Remember “Brenda” and the gang are getting paid to be bothered. I’d rather be engaged in conversation than just staring at my phone or screen ,stuck in some cubicle.
Funny thing is ... I had the same thought, hahahahaha :)
Sponsored