Stock Jeep Support Group

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Mesh sunbonnet ($150) or solid sunbonnet ($250) available as an exterior add-on from the factory.

Why don't you like it?
Its been very difficult to get it to fit on correctly and I followed the limited directions as closely as possible. Doesn't look very good on the JT without being able to secure it tightly. Snaps pop off easily. When I close up the soft top the whole thing just sags. I have to get with Besttop and try to see if I am missing something or if this is just how the top is. If your looking for sun protection just my opinion go with solid sunbonnet
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
These are beautiful stock, as built, and very capable.
They are trail-rated stock on all trim levels, so I'd say there's some capability there.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Confession: I installed a lift, wheels, and tires on my last Jeep. I enjoyed the way it drove and it’s off road capability despite the compromises in gas mileage and acceleration.

For my JTR, I would like to keep it stock but need emotional support.

1. I need to tow, and do not want to give up any power/torque on large wheels/tires.

2. I need to save the money.

3. My Jeeps have a history of breaking, and I would like to have warranty service without trouble. Already had a bad steering box and failing rear axle locker.

4. My stock Rubi is already very capable off road.

Oh look at those big tires...

Steady. Focus. It’s fine the way it is...

Again, I need help.
This was me exactly. I traded a 2015 JKUR for the JT. Prior to that I had a 2013 that was totaled and I moved all the parts to the 2015. It had 35s, a 3.5" lift, and a bunch of other mods. The ride was never as great as it was stock. It also developed a right-drift, not exactly pull, but a desire to drift right, that nobody could fix. And then I'd occasionally have something weird going on and have to fight to get the right parts. OH, you have Gen 2.5 of the lift, we only made ten of those. You have to replace the whole arm." ARGGGG

The JT Rubicon is "stock" in the sense that no moving parts are being replaced. I added things like lights, compressor, rock rails, radio, straps, winch, etc. The only suspension mod I'll ever do is a front leveling kit. The 1" didn't change anything other than it looks better. Ride doesn't change at all with any of these, and parts are still easily available when I need them.

When the tires are worn, I *may* consider a size bigger, maybe not. But very unlikely to go even to 35s. I'd only consider that if I could find a stock JTR with 35s to try out.

JPHains9724

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I'm with you all the way. My Gladiator is a stock Sport S (Okay, I did put Rubicon wheels on it), but no lifts, no after market bumpers or lights. It's my daily driver and I need to get back and forth to work in order to pay for it. I have thought about some mods for it, but I'll have to wait until I pay the truck off. Stay strong, we're all in this together (I mean about not spending money...)

Cburd61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Hats off to all who keep them completely stock. I’ve never, ever been able to leave a vehicle alone. Even a stone stock used vehicle!

Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Confession: I installed a lift, wheels, and tires on my last Jeep. I enjoyed the way it drove and it’s off road capability despite the compromises in gas mileage and acceleration.

1. I need to tow, and do not want to give up any power/torque on large wheels/tires.

3. My Jeeps have a history of breaking, and I would like to have warranty service without trouble. Already had a bad steering box and failing rear axle locker.

Again, I need help.
I keep telling myself, unless it helps the tow, it is a no go. I bought the JK not for trails but for a convertible to tow my sailboats with and have a weekend project work truck. I don't think I will ever do the Rubicon or go mudding but I will run the dunes, they don't mess up or tear up my almost $50k Jeep.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I changed my tires on my Sport S to Rubi Take offs. Simply couldn't stand the way it looked with the stock tires. Everyone has said the same thing the truck looks totally different with the Rubi Take offs and Rims. Other than that is pretty much stock. I still think the Sport S should have had the Rubi Rims and tires and give the Rubicon's the 35's at the start
I did the same thing, hated the aluminum star rims, got me a set of the premium option Rubicon rims (I think they are the best looking stock)

Yogi "53

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GladiatorMojave,x7,330ci,530,66vette,74vette,75TA
Occupation
self employed

Again, I need help.
It is very tempting. . . . . . Wrangler had lift, tires and wheels. . . . . My Mojave has just about everything I need

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I have thought about some mods for it, but I'll have to wait until I pay the truck off.
Let me tell you how I see the other side of this, as a thought... I think you should just do all the mods you know you want to do eventually. Do them now. Enjoy them for the most time. If you don't know what you want, wait. But I've made the mistake of doing mods after a few years, only having them for a while, then deciding I needed or wanted a different vehicle. I should have done them up front and enjoyed them longer. On the JT all the mods were done in under six weeks. I already knew what I wanted based on past Jeeps--and what I didn't want.

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
stock sport s.. swapped out factory tires fof BFG AT 285 70 R 17. added nfab hoop steps, srubby antenna
Jeep Gladiator Stock Jeep Support Group F055F2DC-6BD7-4849-94A2-94038100CCBC

Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase

Again, I need help.
no way you can avoid bigger tires and a lift. The Gladiator just looks so good lifted. Just ignore item 2 because you know you only live once and put on a Mopar lift you stay in warranty and run 35s. Or better add a small spacer to the top of the Mopar lift and add 37s. Give up on this stock idea. I had that idea for about a month and now am lifted with 37s and wouldn’t go back.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I'm four months into a stock Rubi with a 1" leveling kit and was just admiring how good that height and those tires/wheels look during lunch. We all park right outside the window so we can stare during lunch, right?

Spouse

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corvette
I agree with keeping it stock. We even got the all season street tires. With the premium soft top it's the quietest Jeep we've been in. We got our Overland because it's the only converable pickup, and the only four door converable. The stock truck will do any off roading we need. We have used it as a truck a lot and hauling 4 people several times. We even get about 30 mpg. It does all we need and we get lots of compliments, from people driving gray sedans. Maybe because it's orange.

The only problem we have is the heat coming through the soft top this summer here in Florida. I'm considering a lining from a local upholstery shop.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I agree with keeping it stock. We even got the all season street tires. With the premium soft top it's the quietest Jeep we've been in. We got our Overland because it's the only converable pickup, and the only four door converable. The stock truck will do any off roading we need. We have used it as a truck a lot and hauling 4 people several times. We even get about 30 mpg. It does all we need and we get lots of compliments, from people driving gray sedans. Maybe because it's orange.

The only problem we have is the heat coming through the soft top this summer here in Florida. I'm considering a lining from a local upholstery shop.
That is interesting a lining for the soft top. I have the Bestop Safari top on mine under the soft top. It kind of deflects the heat some it seems.

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
Just bought mine and other than new rims (not a fan of the stock Sport rims) have no intention of modding anything. This is about my 10th Jeep and I've learned my lesson on tires/lifts/shiny things :)
Jeep Gladiator Stock Jeep Support Group gladiator
Sponsored