First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I’m about to fall of the stock wagon. I got 4:88s and 35s coming... I held off as long as could.

you guys stay strong!
Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
My addiction recovery plan, after two heavily modified Wranglers, was to buy a Rubicon and leave it stock.
I fell off the wagon after two days from bringing it home. I tried.

EXTORTION

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Support, hahahahahaha Your already ahead of the game with the JTR. I will go anywhere in stock for with ease. The only thing that you may want to do, is install 35s. Otherwise go enjoy your beast of a play toy.

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
I plan to keep the drivetrain stock for as long as possible, at a minimum until the warranty expires. Current mods are comfort/function related.

Except maybe swaybar quick disconnects........

Last edited:

Sponsored

JeffInFLA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve made minor cosmetic mods... a little vinyl, changed the antenna, you know - small stuff.
I have no plans to lift, level, sway this or that. I may (underline “may”) swap out for black wheels but that’s about it.
I love my Gladiator as-is!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
With the exception of the winch and the Daystar .75" spacers to offset the weight of the winch and bumper, almost everything on my truck is FCA/Jeep issue (ok, except for the little storage things on the console but those lift off or slide off, and the ladder on the tailgate to help me climb in - but that stuff is easily removable)
It's comfortable as heck, fun as it is, looks great. Hard to mess with perfection.

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
I guess for the purposes of this discussion "stock" means stock below the bumpers but even that is fluid.

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I think Iam gonna get 1" spacer for the front.. the rake ... blame it on the rake

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
I think Iam gonna get 1" spacer for the front.. the rake ... blame it on the rake
Food for thought thing: Depends on how much you use the bed. If you don't load the bed much, rake fix looks good. If the bed is loaded, you might have a squat. But if you don't use the bed much, why get a Gladiator instead of a JL or JLU... Loaded or unloaded, I'd take rake or level over squat. Just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions 😆

Sponsored

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Food for thought thing: Depends on how much you use the bed. If you don't load the bed much, rake fix looks good. If the bed is loaded, you might have a squat. But if you don't use the bed much, why get a Gladiator instead of a JL or JLU... Loaded or unloaded, I'd take rake or level over squat. Just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions 😆
yes I do on occasion load the bed.. but, most times I am not hauling stuff..plus I am also thinking about an afternarket front bumper...and.. 1" will not completely remove the rake... still thinking about it...

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
yes I do on occasion load the bed.. but, most times I am not hauling stuff..plus I am also thinking about an afternarket front bumper...and.. 1" will not completely remove the rake... still thinking about it...
Yes a heavy front bumper could change the equation

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Gotta agree here.
If you're gonna use your truck as a TRUCK, then it's got to LOOK like a truck! If you wanted flat, get a Wrangler.

Mine's mostly still stock: nFab nerf steps (my wife needs 'em to get in & out,) and the Hot Wheels wheels are off, at least for the winter. And the stinkin', "All Season," tires are crap: when they spin in the wet, they're crap. And the Rhino Liner & tonneau cover, but those are more accessories...

It's eventually going to be a toad, so I'm adding tow loops to the front, and the second tow hook in the back, so I can put on mag-mount tail lights.
I'm pretty happy with it performance-wise. The only off-roading I've done so far is across a cow pasture, but that will change.

Kevin

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotta agree here.
If you're gonna use your truck as a TRUCK, then it's got to LOOK like a truck! If you wanted flat, get a Wrangler.

Mine's mostly still stock: nFab nerf steps (my wife needs 'em to get in & out,) and the Hot Wheels wheels are off, at least for the winter. And the stinkin', "All Season," tires are crap: when they spin in the wet, they're crap. And the Rhino Liner & tonneau cover, but those are more accessories...

It's eventually going to be a toad, so I'm adding tow loops to the front, and the second tow hook in the back, so I can put on mag-mount tail lights.
I'm pretty happy with it performance-wise. The only off-roading I've done so far is across a cow pasture, but that will change.

Kevin
I do use it as a truck.. I have posted in other threads hauling 8ft logs.. but who of us drives with a liaaded bed 24/7?

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I do use it as a truck.. I have posted in other threads hauling 8ft logs.. but who of us drives with a liaaded bed 24/7?
Mine has 4-500# of stuff in the back more often than not, and that flattens it out pretty well.
And I really don't mind the ass-end sticking up a bit. I guess it comes from hotrods in the '60's.
To each his own.

Kevin
Sponsored