Stock or not… that’s the question…

El Barto

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Mercury Cougar ‘73
For the X-time I ordered some parts in the web shop, which were in stock and could be send right away. 2 days later the status on my order is ‘back order’ for all the parts.
At the moment I have 2 orders with ‘stock’parts on back order. In the past I had to cancel about 80% of all my orders because I needed parts urgently and they could not delivered in time. This time waiting is no problem, but it’s annoying me.
Is this the normal way of working at Quadratec?
Sponsored

Jeep-A-Kneez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel, 1995 YJ 4.0
Think it's going to be a what ya ordered and where ya live situation. I'm a few states South of their Pennsylvania location and the large ticket items I've ordered have arrived the next day, front bumper, rims, steering stabilizer. Smaller items can take more time, even if ordered at same time as the large items. Now I'm sure with the crazy weather and being Christmas time, some delays are to de expected.

My most recent order was placed on Monday the 18th, rims and steering stabilizer were here the following day, lug nuts got here on the 24th, all shipped through FedEx. So far everything I've ever ordered that has shown "in stock", has been.

Good luck to ya,

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You may want to look for another company to buy from.

OP
OP
El Barto

El Barto

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Mercury Cougar ‘73
Think it's going to be a what ya ordered and where ya live situation. I'm a few states South of their Pennsylvania location and the large ticket items I've ordered have arrived the next day, front bumper, rims, steering stabilizer. Smaller items can take more time, even if ordered at same time as the large items. Now I'm sure with the crazy weather and being Christmas time, some delays are to de expected.

My most recent order was placed on Monday the 18th, rims and steering stabilizer were here the following day, lug nuts got here on the 24th, all shipped through FedEx. So far everything I've ever ordered that has shown "in stock", has been.

Good luck to ya,
I live in Belgium. So I know it takes longer. I just don’t understand why they mention ‘ in stock’ when they’re not.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Is this the normal way of working at Quadratec?
All i can say is: I had a pretty good idea which vendor you were talking about even prior to you mentioning them by name

Sponsored

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
You need to be specific on which parts!

I am 50 miles south of Quadratech, fast free delivery on my orders, but I don't spend as much as some. Slow stock and delivery is at all the vendors. Try another and see.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Qtech is the worst from what I've heard. So far so good with Northridge 4X4. Everything has been in stock and delivered on time or early.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Contrary to other experiences, I have never had an issue with parts from them. In fact they have been quite a lot faster than other vendors - for me anyway. Not sure why that is I hear a lot of people complaining about them for some reason - my experience is totally different.

I think it depends on what product you ordered and when - and maybe they have a smaller crew for fulfillment which could mean slower updates for what is and is not in stock? I know there were lots of folks complaining about fulfillment timeframes with their in house skid plates. I ordered the engine/trans skid and they arrived maybe 5 days after I ordered them - but coulda been that my order was at the moment that they got back in stock who knows.

It probably would be helpful to post the specific items you are talking about because they could be something that is supplier related, and not an issue with the vendor.
Sponsored