Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
43. Pedal Commander - *Pedal Commander - !completed!

Jeep Gladiator "SWAMPI-Gator" Build Thread 20200924_174537
Sponsored

DubaiMarauder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
10. Supercharger - ??? undecided
(placeholder for photo)
I thought about doing this to my JT. Magnuson has one, but its like $6500. That's gonna take me a bit to save up for.

OP
OP
Membrain

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I thought about doing this to my JT. Magnuson has one, but its like $6500. That's gonna take me a bit to save up for.
Yes, a bit to spend. I have the Edlebrock on my 2014 JKUR and I am sure to have a supercharger on my JTR. I have been monitoring the Magnuson thread as there are a few small issues, and Edlebrock has yet to release their JT version.

DubaiMarauder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, a bit to spend. I have the Edlebrock on my 2014 JKUR and I am sure to have a supercharger on my JTR. I have been monitoring the Magnuson thread as there are a few small issues, and Edlebrock has yet to release their JT version.
What issues in particular. I haven't heard anything in regards to problems with the Magnuson.

OP
OP
Membrain

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
What issues in particular. I haven't heard anything in regards to problems with the Magnuson.
I was reading the Magnuson thread where the poster didn't like the feel of the power and how it interacted with the shift points.

The Magnuson would have more airflow with its rotors making it seem to be more efficient at higher rpms.
Jeep Gladiator "SWAMPI-Gator" Build Thread eaton-tvs-R1900-ma

The Edlebrock doesn't have the same efficiency at the same rpms.
Jeep Gladiator "SWAMPI-Gator" Build Thread eaton-tvs-R1320-ma

But both apper to provide just over 8kw.

Sponsored

DubaiMarauder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
I was reading the Magnuson thread where the poster didn't like the feel of the power and how it interacted with the shift points.

The Magnuson would have more airflow with its rotors making it seem to be more efficient at higher rpms.

The Edlebrock doesn't have the same efficiency at the same rpms.

But both apper to provide just over 8kw.
So if I'm reading this right, and I may not be, it appears that the Magnuson attempted to keep the power in the lower end of the rpm range, more like progressive shifting than choosing to run higher rpms to match with torque, whereas the Edelbrock did not. The sweet spot on Magnuson seems to be in the 800rpm range where the Edelbrock is peaking around 1000-1200, is that what I'm right?

If I am correct, I would presume the complaint about other users not liking where the power was is due to the lower rpms. It looks as if Magnuson really tried to incorporate fuel economy into theirs, or at least keep it in consideration. I'm sure a reprogram of the transmission and shift points would alleviate much of that undesirable feeling they are having.

OP
OP
Membrain

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
So if I'm reading this right, and I may not be, it appears that the Magnuson attempted to keep the power in the lower end of the rpm range, more like progressive shifting than choosing to run higher rpms to match with torque, whereas the Edelbrock did not. The sweet spot on Magnuson seems to be in the 800rpm range where the Edelbrock is peaking around 1000-1200, is that what I'm right?

If I am correct, I would presume the complaint about other users not liking where the power was is due to the lower rpms. It looks as if Magnuson really tried to incorporate fuel economy into theirs, or at least keep it in consideration. I'm sure a reprogram of the transmission and shift points would alleviate much of that undesirable feeling they are having.
I think I understood what you said, but am confused about your low rpm references. The rpm is referenced with the yellow lines and not the values across the bottom. Sorry if I misunderstood your post...

DubaiMarauder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
I think I understood what you said, but am confused about your low rpm references. The rpm is referenced with the yellow lines and not the values across the bottom. Sorry if I misunderstood your post...
What I’m trying to say, and quite possibly failing at, is that most of the lag or sluggish shifting people are experiencing is due to progressive shifting from the transmission. Basically, the stock trans is programmed to shift at lower rpms and try to get to the highest gear possible as fast as possible for road speed while keeping rpms down for fuel economy. Reprogramming the trans shift points after installing a supercharger will get rid of the lag folks are complaining about. With a supercharger on, the motor has more HP and torque, so it’s almost a must to make sure the transmission is aware of that and make proper adjustments.
In regards to the Edelbrock and Magnuson diagrams you provided, it APPEARS that Magnuson took this into consideration where Edelbrock did not. The Magnuson will likely not require a transmission tune as their primary power band is in the lower rpm range already. Edelbrock WILL require a retune of the shift points as their rpm power band is higher than stock, causing lag, late shifting, high rpms as the transmission searches for the torque it needs. I hope this makes sense.
Sponsored