Talk me into a Sunrider

en2dirt

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
That was the first thing I bought the day after picking my Gladiator up. I actually drove to 4WP close to the dealer on my way home and they were out of stock. My freedom panels have been in the bag in the garage since I installed it. Love the convenience of just popping it open.

Jeep Gladiator Talk me into a Sunrider DO IT
Sponsored

Deleted member 28696

Any suggestions/preferences on Sunrider choices:
- 30 oz. Twill ultra premium soft top material, or
- 28 oz. premium material.
Both are said to be waterproof, quiet, and built to last in any type of environment - but appreciate any input!!!
From everything I read the Twill has better thermal retention & better noise reduction. I have twill I keep it installed all year long through sun, rain, ice & snow.

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Follow up after my install the other day. It's awesome, love it, no added interior noise at all when closed. Flips back easy, closes easy. Haven't had it in rain yet, so no clue on leaking.

I will say, the first time I flipped it back, I had my hand on top of the front rail, and the tension snapped in back pretty quickly, smashed the shyte out of my hand. Hurt like a mofo. Lesson learned, keep your hand below the front frame well when opening up.

MATADOR1

First Name
JOHN M HILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Tell me how much you love your OEM Sunrider made by Bestop.

I had gotten used to carrying my freedom panel bag....taking them off putting in bag, then bungie cording the bag in the bed. ( 3 kids in rear ).

Also can't imagine just thinking...hey let's take the front top off at this stoplight while we wait.

Seems awesome....do you use it constantly? I live in San Diego so seems like I would but don't wanna spend 800$ on something ill use 2x a month. Advice from an owner of one is much better advice then what I *imagine* I'd do....
I used mine all the time. So nice to just flip back the top with one hand when it is nice out and vice versa when weather gets bad. If I had a hardtop I would definitely recommend it but have a professional install it.

Pros
Very convenient
Looks good

Cons
Installation is challenging

Deleted member 28696

I used mine all the time. So nice to just flip back the top with one hand when it is nice out and vice versa when weather gets bad. If I had a hardtop I would definitely recommend it but have a professional install it.

Pros
Very convenient
Looks good

Cons
Installation is challenging
I agree ā˜ Thatā€™s one reason why itā€™s staying on on year long, luckily I got it installed correctly on my own but it was a challenge. For the $99.00 install fee itā€™s probably worth having an installer do it. It does hold enough heat during snowy weather to stay on all year long.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ecidiego

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I agree ā˜ Thatā€™s one reason why itā€™s staying on on year long, luckily I got it installed correctly on my own but it was a challenge. For the $99.00 install fee itā€™s probably worth having an installer do it. It does hold enough heat during snowy weather to stay on all year long.
Buying the Mopar eliminates any and all installation challenges. You end up with the same thing in the end but serious...on in 5 minutes.

SnazGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I've had various Wranglers and always thought the Sunrider was a waste of money since panels easy to take on and off. But, you then have to have them in your Jeep or leave them behind which leaves your Jeep open during stops at stores etc.

Well, on the JTM I thought I'd try the Sunrider Twill as it was $250 off on black Friday. Figured I could always resell if for what I paid at that discount if I didn't like it. SO easy to use. Especially going between So Cal and Oregon, Just flip it back, when too hot out, flip it closed when too cold or raining all of a sudden. Really a great addition as I'm often from the beach to the desert to 6000 feet in the mountains on any given day. Who knew? lol.

SnazGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
oh, btw, I saw the comment in here not wanting the Sunrider to say Bestop on it versus keeping a Jeep all Mopar. I've thought about removing the two Bestop logo emblems, one on each side. I'm fairly sure you can use dental tape behind them to just get them to come off. Then, some WD40 to remove any residue. Maybe someone already commented about this or showed pics. If not, maybe they can or will. Then, you can do what you will with the extra WD40. lol.

tempImage09BI3Z.png

Deleted member 28696

oh, btw, I saw the comment in here not wanting the Sunrider to say Bestop on it versus keeping a Jeep all Mopar. I've thought about removing the two Bestop logo emblems, one on each side. I'm fairly sure you can use dental tape behind them to just get them to come off. Then, some WD40 to remove any residue. Maybe someone already commented about this or showed pics. If not, maybe they can or will. Then, you can do what you will with the extra WD40. lol.

Jeep Gladiator Talk me into a Sunrider tempImage09BI3Z
Bestop makes all the fabric tops for Jeep.

Sponsored

Verne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Education
Best mod Iā€™ve ever done. There have been many times Iā€™ve left the panels on bc it looked like rain. Now I donā€™t care. I go topless all the time. Donā€™t have to worry about storing or scraping the panels. If it rains it takes seconds to close.

Lush

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2020 Expedition Max
Vehicle Showcase
I have been considering going the sunrider route, but with how much my wife wants to take the entire top off it might just be easier to find a full soft top!

Deleted member 28696

I have been considering going the sunrider route, but with how much my wife wants to take the entire top off it might just be easier to find a full soft top!
They make a fully powered soft top but itā€™s pricey. Thatā€™s the only way Iā€™d consider one if itā€™s easy. The sunrider is inexpensive in comparison & quick & easy thatā€™s the beauty of it.

LowAltitude

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator High Altitude