TASER JL Mini Kills 3rd Brake light upon connection

rymac986

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Has it ever? I don't remember it doing that before the tazer.
Nope! I was just confirming for him that it was not supposed to flash when you lock/unlock.
Sponsored

Sduncan

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Hell….I’m the opposite.. the damn light wouldn’t turn OFF. I unplugged it at the light and quit worrying about it

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Recently bought a Tazer mini from someone on here and it's installed in my '20 JT and I just noticed my 3rd brake light is not working at all. Looks like i'll have to dig into the live functions and see what it's currently set at.

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well 3rd brake light is definitely not working. I tried a couple different settings on the tazer and different number of pulses and nothing seems to change. It's currently set to pulse down and it's set at 16.
I've reached out to the Z-automotive guys to see what they have to say.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
Well 3rd brake light is definitely not working. I tried a couple different settings on the tazer and different number of pulses and nothing seems to change. It's currently set to pulse down and it's set at 16.
I've reached out to the Z-automotive guys to see what they have to say.
If you read the whole thread, you'll see that it's probably a problem with the light itself, not the tazer. It's just that you personally can't see the 3rd brake light under normal circumstances, and most people are not specifically checking it until they install the tazer and play with the flash feature.

Sponsored

Marlinvx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD, 2022 Audi Q3 S line
Occupation
Retired Navy, current Engineer
I bought my Tazer JL Mini about 3 weeks ago, new. Going through the instructions, and every menu, it appears they removed the 3rd brake light pulse feature. I cannot find it anywhere in the instructions. It is still mentioned in their product description from the website.
For those that do have the feature, I assume it is offline setting, what menu is it under?
Jeep Gladiator TASER JL Mini Kills 3rd Brake light upon connection Screenshot 2022-08-11 065627

Jeep Gladiator TASER JL Mini Kills 3rd Brake light upon connection Screenshot 2022-08-11 065627

Marlinvx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It's a Live Setting and it's listed on page 12 of the manual
1660229473624.png
Thanks. The Rev of my instructions does not look like yours. My page numbers are on bottom, and there is no plsbrk category. Going out to try in truck now.

Last edited:

Marlinvx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
UPDATE: ALthough not in instructions, the menu is in my programmer. Gotta get a 2nd person so I can figure out which setting I want to use...lol. Thanks for the follow-up!

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Steal your wife's makeup mirror or borrow one from the house if you have one and put it on a chair or ladder and then back up to it so you can see it in your mirrors.

Sponsored

Marlinvx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Steal your wife's makeup mirror or borrow one from the house if you have one and put it on a chair or ladder and then back up to it so you can see it in your mirrors.
Lol, I am at work.

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well then it sounds like a time for a lunch and learn field trip out to your Jeep!

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well i unplugged the Tazer per Z Automives suggestion and the 3rd breaklight still doesn't work. I checked the connector in the tailgate crevice as well as where it connects into the actual light and they seem secure and clean. I'm guessing this means my 3rd breaklight is shot?

WILL1E

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, i never resolved my 3rd brake light issue. Z Automotive gave me a few things to try, they didn't work so i honestly forgot about it. But here is the odd thing. Last Friday night as I was sitting in bumper to bumper traffic after the Green Bay Packers game i noticed a weird reflection in my rear view mirror when i would brake. Finally i realized that it was my 3rd brake light pulsating!! Forgetting about it again until this morning it happened to be really dark out yet this morning when i left for work and i was parked in the driveway with my tailgate close to the garage door. When i put my foot on the brake i again noticed the pulsing light reflection on my garage door.

So either one of two things are happening. 1, when i was doing my testing i don't think I had the jeep running...can't recall 100% for certain but i don't think it was. Would the Jeep actually need to be running for the 3rd brake light to work?? 2, the 3rd brake light only works when it's dark out...not sure if this would be a light sensor or if it goes by when my lights come on. Would this be possible?

I'll need to do some more testing when i get home but thought i'd share here ahead of then.

Marlinvx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mine works fine, but does not perform the pulse sequence if my headlights are on (in auto, haven't tried manually). It does perform my pulse sequence during daylight and headlights off, I can see it in the reflection of my garage door.
Sponsored