First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
retired military
I'll add my support for tire pressure. Im on 3.5" Clayton, 37" Milestars. Usually run 28-30 psi.
First time ever last week I took it out after sitting in cold garage a week. Hit a small ripple in pavement at 40, started shaking, was able to control it. Happened again later on way home.
I balance tire pressures every 2 weeks using Morrflate and set pressure. So I kicked it up to 32 psi. 4 trips in past two days, no more shake AT ALL. Shop that did tires did a top notch balance job, alignment is good also. So id suggest trying pressure change too, never know. Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored

Arksoon

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD, 2020 JLUR
Occupation
Electrician
I also had the same issue last week, hit a bump in the road at 50-55 MPH and got a very bad front end shimmy, not DW, but bad never the less and had to slow down to about 20 MPH or speed up to 65 MPH to get it to stop. Seems the lower the outside temperature the worse it was. Increased my tire pressure to 30 and it seems to have corrected the issue, however it is 30 degrees warmer today then when I had the issue last week. My thinking it was a combination of col rubber and a little to low on air pressure.

FWIW, I am running 37" Cooper SST Pro tires and a 3.5" Clayton lift.

Andy29847

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Seems like a solid approach, but I gotta ask…only 90?

90- will work. Jeep may recommend 100 on your vehicle. Jeep has varying recommendations by year and model. 90 is the industry standard for aluminum wheels.
Sponsored